Outlook Express on multiple accounts

Ian

I have multiple accounts on my XP, and when one of the accounts runs Outlook Express, the incoming mails downloaded into the Inbox are visible only to that account afterwards.

How do I set up outlook or XP so that the full contects of my Inbox are visible to all the accounts?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Ian.

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have multiple accounts on my XP, and when one of the accounts runs
> Outlook Express, the incoming mails downloaded into the Inbox are
> visible only to that account afterwards.
>
> How do I set up outlook or XP so that the full contects of my Inbox
> are visible to all the accounts?
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received.
>
> Ian.

If you have multiple accounts in the same identity, the Inbox will always
show all of the messages. If you set up a separate identity for each
account, then each identity will only show its own messages.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Hi Ian,

It's easy enough to set up, but carries with it a danger.

Log on as any user, open Outlook Express. Click tools/options/maintenance
tab, click on the store folder button. Move it to a shared location
accessible by all users (right now it is under their local profile). "Ok"
your way out and close Outlook Express. Logoff and repeat the steps for each
user, this time selecting the location selected/created by the first user.

*IMPORTANT* Do NOT use fast user switching with Outlook Express left open.
You (and all other users) MUST remember to close it before switching. If any
user fails to do this, the mail store may be corrupted beyond repair, and
all saved messages will be lost.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have multiple accounts on my XP, and when one of the accounts runs
Outlook Express, the incoming mails downloaded into the Inbox are visible
only to that account afterwards.

> How do I set up outlook or XP so that the full contects of my Inbox are
visible to all the accounts?

> Any suggestions gratefully received.
>
> Ian.

Hi Ian

Please try the Outlook Express News Group with your question:

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I have multiple accounts on my XP, and when one of the accounts runs
Outlook Express, the incoming mails downloaded into the Inbox are visible
only to that account afterwards.

| How do I set up outlook or XP so that the full contects of my Inbox are
visible to all the accounts?

| Any suggestions gratefully received.
|
| Ian.

Is MS Knowledge Base Article 317031 any help?

"If two or more people share a Windows XP-based computer with different user
accounts, they may want to share the same message store. The message store
is the physical file structure on the drive in which Outlook Express stores
e-mail messages."

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have multiple accounts on my XP, and when one of the accounts runs
Outlook Express, the incoming mails downloaded into the Inbox are visible
only to that account afterwards.

> How do I set up outlook or XP so that the full contects of my Inbox are
visible to all the accounts?

> Any suggestions gratefully received.
>
> Ian.

Gordon

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have multiple accounts on my XP, and when one of the accounts runs
Outlook Express, the incoming mails downloaded into the Inbox are visible
only to that account afterwards.

> How do I set up outlook or XP so that the full contects of my Inbox are
visible to all the accounts?

> Any suggestions gratefully received.
>
> Ian.

You asked this on or about 15 June - why the re-post? Did you not see the
replies to that post?

pop

> Hi Ian,
>
> It's easy enough to set up, but carries with it a danger.
> *IMPORTANT* Do NOT use fast user switching with Outlook
Express left open.
> You (and all other users) MUST remember to close it before
switching. If any
> user fails to do this, the mail store may be corrupted
beyond repair, and
> all saved messages will be lost.

THANK YOU RICK! I had NO idea how I screwed up some mail
accounts recently. Fortunately, they took my advice and
archived before I got there so it was easy to retrive, but
.... . Didn't realize FUS would allow that to happen, but
them's the breaks I guess.

Pop