cannot access internet

whenever i click on explorer to access the internet, the screen starts to flicker and a message at the bottom of the screen reads: badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
and i cannot sigh on.
can anyone help?
7 answers Last reply
More about cannot access internet

    check and see if you have spyware
    "bonni" <bonni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > whenever i click on explorer to access the internet, the screen starts to
    flicker and a message at the bottom of the screen reads:
    badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
    > and i cannot sigh on.
    > can anyone help?

    "bonni" <bonni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > whenever i click on explorer to access the internet, the screen starts to
    flicker and a message at the bottom of the screen reads:
    badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
    > and i cannot sigh on.
    > can anyone help?

    Before you try to get on the internet, go to control panel and click on
    Internet Options. See if the home page is set to what you want. I would
    guess it has been hijacked to a now dead link.

    www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware

    Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Perhaps an online security/virus check by one or two of these:-
    Symantec
    http://security.norton.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
    Trend Micro House Call:
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    Panda ActiveScan;
    McAfee FreeScan:
    Kaspersky Labs On-line Virus Checker:
    BitDefender Online Scan:

    Free virus program – AVG Anti Virus
    http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl7.php

    "bonni" <bonni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > whenever i click on explorer to access the internet, the screen starts to
    flicker and a message at the bottom of the screen reads:
    badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
    > and i cannot sigh on.
    > can anyone help?

    i don't know how to do that

    "hustedj" wrote:

    > check and see if you have spyware
    > "bonni" <bonni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > whenever i click on explorer to access the internet, the screen starts to
    > flicker and a message at the bottom of the screen reads:
    > badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
    > > and i cannot sigh on.
    > > can anyone help?

    thank you for the reply, but i cannot access the internet on that computer, but i am going to visit some of the sites you mention to see if there's any help there i can use.

    > i don't know how to do that
    >
    > "hustedj" wrote:
    >
    >> check and see if you have spyware
    >> "bonni" <bonni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> whenever i click on explorer to access the internet, the screen
    >>> starts to
    >> flicker and a message at the bottom of the screen reads:
    >> badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
    >>> and i cannot sigh on.
    >>> can anyone help?

    See
    Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
    won't. Also, each needs to be updated with the program's update function
    before every use, even when just downloaded. There's also a lot more to do
    than just those two programs. CWShredder is also available here:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/cwshredder.zip
    **Post your HijackThis log to
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/ or the Spyware forum at
    http://forum.aumha.org/ for expert analysis, not here.**
    Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
    may be found on this page:
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.

    If nothing there helps, please post back to this thread.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    "badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com" is caused by adware/spyware which is
    installed on your computer often without your knowledge when you visit
    a specific website online. "DSO Exploit" is perhaps one of the most
    notorious I have discovered on virtually every computer I have removed
    adware/spyware from.
    It doesn't deny you a connection to the internet, but when you get
    connected, it prevents you from accessing any web pages.
    "badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com" flashes at you from the bottom of
    your browser window sinisterly no matter what you do.
    Entries from this trojan are loaded into memory with every start of
    your computer but you can effectively remove it with a program called
    "Spybot Search & Destroy". It is a free program that can be downloaded
    on-line and the file name is "spybotsd13.exe".
    It is a rather large file that can be downloaded at
    http://www.kndcomputer.com/downloads. Ask a friend if you can borrow
    their computer, then just save the file on their computer, burn it into
    a CD and execute and run it on your computer. When it asks you if you
    want to run it again when you re-start your machine, say yes and it
    should find and remove the entries that normally reside in memory which
    are causing your problem. After that, you should be able to log
    on-line and run your browser without any problems.
    Please let me know if this works for you.

    Kevin

    --
    kndcompu
    kndcompu's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=448