cannot access internet

whenever i click on explorer to access the internet, the screen starts to flicker and a message at the bottom of the screen reads: badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
and i cannot sigh on.
can anyone help?

check and see if you have spyware
"bonni" <bonni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> whenever i click on explorer to access the internet, the screen starts to
flicker and a message at the bottom of the screen reads:
badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
> and i cannot sigh on.
> can anyone help?

Jitterbug

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

"bonni" <bonni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> whenever i click on explorer to access the internet, the screen starts to
flicker and a message at the bottom of the screen reads:
badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
> and i cannot sigh on.
> can anyone help?

Before you try to get on the internet, go to control panel and click on
Internet Options. See if the home page is set to what you want. I would
guess it has been hijacked to a now dead link.

www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Perhaps an online security/virus check by one or two of these:-
Symantec
http://security.norton.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
Trend Micro House Call:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
Panda ActiveScan;
McAfee FreeScan:
Kaspersky Labs On-line Virus Checker:
BitDefender Online Scan:

Free virus program – AVG Anti Virus
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl7.php

"bonni" <bonni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> whenever i click on explorer to access the internet, the screen starts to
flicker and a message at the bottom of the screen reads:
badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
> and i cannot sigh on.
> can anyone help?

i don't know how to do that

"hustedj" wrote:

> check and see if you have spyware
> "bonni" <bonni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > whenever i click on explorer to access the internet, the screen starts to
> flicker and a message at the bottom of the screen reads:
> badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
> > and i cannot sigh on.
> > can anyone help?

thank you for the reply, but i cannot access the internet on that computer, but i am going to visit some of the sites you mention to see if there's any help there i can use.

> i don't know how to do that
>
> "hustedj" wrote:
>
>> check and see if you have spyware
>> "bonni" <bonni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> whenever i click on explorer to access the internet, the screen
>>> starts to
>> flicker and a message at the bottom of the screen reads:
>> badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
>>> and i cannot sigh on.
>>> can anyone help?

See
Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
won't. Also, each needs to be updated with the program's update function
before every use, even when just downloaded. There's also a lot more to do
than just those two programs. CWShredder is also available here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/cwshredder.zip
**Post your HijackThis log to
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/ or the Spyware forum at
http://forum.aumha.org/ for expert analysis, not here.**
Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
may be found on this page:
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.

If nothing there helps, please post back to this thread.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com" is caused by adware/spyware which is
installed on your computer often without your knowledge when you visit
a specific website online. "DSO Exploit" is perhaps one of the most
notorious I have discovered on virtually every computer I have removed
adware/spyware from.
It doesn't deny you a connection to the internet, but when you get
connected, it prevents you from accessing any web pages.
"badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com" flashes at you from the bottom of
your browser window sinisterly no matter what you do.
Entries from this trojan are loaded into memory with every start of
your computer but you can effectively remove it with a program called
"Spybot Search & Destroy". It is a free program that can be downloaded
on-line and the file name is "spybotsd13.exe".
It is a rather large file that can be downloaded at
http://www.kndcomputer.com/downloads. Ask a friend if you can borrow
their computer, then just save the file on their computer, burn it into
a CD and execute and run it on your computer. When it asks you if you
want to run it again when you re-start your machine, say yes and it
should find and remove the entries that normally reside in memory which
are causing your problem. After that, you should be able to log
on-line and run your browser without any problems.
Please let me know if this works for you.

Kevin

--
kndcompu
kndcompu's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=448