Can't access certain options on websites

When I try and access certain menus or options on some
websites, such as playing a video trailer or interview
from a site like cbs.com - nothing happens except a
message about javascript on the bottom of the page.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Jitterbug

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

"javascript problems?" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1f0d601c4567f$aec7edf0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> When I try and access certain menus or options on some
> websites, such as playing a video trailer or interview
> from a site like cbs.com - nothing happens except a
> message about javascript on the bottom of the page.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sounds like a security setting in IE. Do you use the Java plug-in from Sun?

Yes, have tried it, but makes no difference.

Also reset security and content defaults in IE, but
didn't help.

Jitterbug

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

Do you have Real Player, and Quicktime, along with Windows Media Player to
be sure you have the most used formats covered? I see CBS uses Windows M-P
and Real. Also if you have a hosts file, that could stop it. [some
anti-spyware programs have hosts files]
I have a pop-up stopper that stops videos, Flash, and .gif's that have
movement. I tried the CBS site and I could not play anything either.