Can't access certain options on websites

June 20, 2004 1:33:06 AM

When I try and access certain menus or options on some
websites, such as playing a video trailer or interview
from a site like cbs.com - nothing happens except a
message about javascript on the bottom of the page.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
June 20, 2004 6:06:11 AM

"javascript problems?" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1f0d601c4567f$aec7edf0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> When I try and access certain menus or options on some
> websites, such as playing a video trailer or interview
> from a site like cbs.com - nothing happens except a
> message about javascript on the bottom of the page.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sounds like a security setting in IE. Do you use the Java plug-in from Sun?
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 3:28:37 AM

Yes, have tried it, but makes no difference.

Also reset security and content defaults in IE, but
didn't help.
June 22, 2004 2:14:20 AM

Do you have Real Player, and Quicktime, along with Windows Media Player to
be sure you have the most used formats covered? I see CBS uses Windows M-P
and Real. Also if you have a hosts file, that could stop it. [some
anti-spyware programs have hosts files]
I have a pop-up stopper that stops videos, Flash, and .gif's that have
movement. I tried the CBS site and I could not play anything either.
!