Help running 2 Wi-Fi networks keeping one off local network

I own a Linksys B router that has served me well but it is just to slow for
my needs. I just picked up a Lucent AP 802.11a/b access point and my
laptops have A/B mini PCI cards. Now here is what I want to do my landload
is setup on my B router wireless but I don't want him on my new AP even
though it has B access. I also don't want him to have any access to my
local network. The reason is he has dumb kids that love clicking on every
thing so lots of viri and trojans. Now my ISP gives me 3 IP address and I
know if I hook up a hub it will give me the 3 IP's. I then run one to the B
router and I run the second IP to another hub or router then lines out to
all my computers and one to the access point. Now here is were I get a
little lost because every thing is hooked up to the main hub will he still
have access to my local network.

Thanks for any help
2 answers Last reply
More about help running networks keeping local network

    Yes.
    The hub connects all computers connected to it on a LAN. The WAN IP's are
    for external use only.

    If you're running XP pro, restrict access.
    If your ISP gives you 3 IP's have your landlord connect directly and NOT
    through your hub.
    You don't mention if you're using ADSL or cable.

    "Alan White" <alanwhite@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > Yes.
    > The hub connects all computers connected to it on a LAN. The WAN IP's
    > are for external use only.
    >
    > If you're running XP pro, restrict access.
    > If your ISP gives you 3 IP's have your landlord connect directly and
    > NOT through your hub.
    > You don't mention if you're using ADSL or cable.
    >
    > "Technobob" <tecnobob@removehotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I own a Linksys B router that has served me well but it is just to
    >> slow
    > for
    >> my needs. I just picked up a Lucent AP 802.11a/b access point and my
    >> laptops have A/B mini PCI cards. Now here is what I want to do my
    >> landload is setup on my B router wireless but I don't want him on my
    >> new AP even though it has B access. I also don't want him to have any
    >> access to my local network. The reason is he has dumb kids that love
    >> clicking on every thing so lots of viri and trojans. Now my ISP gives
    >> me 3 IP address and I know if I hook up a hub it will give me the 3
    >> IP's. I then run one to the
    >> router and I run the second IP to another hub or router then lines
    >> out to all my computers and one to the access point. Now here is were
    >> I get a little lost because every thing is hooked up to the main hub
    >> will he still have access to my local network.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help

    I'm running cable but I found the solution. I hooked up a second router
    on the second IP and the WIFI can't see the local LAN. I also setup the
    local LAN on another submask just be on the safe side so all is good.
    Thanks for help anyway

Routers Internet Service Providers Wireless Networking