Computer hangs when I turn off printer

nm

Anyone else have this? An Athlon 3200 system, and HP PSC 1300 printer
connected by USB via an unpowered USB hub. Turn off the printer and
the computer goes dead. Reboots fine saying it has suffered a critical
error.

Obvious answer - don't turn off the printer. But why is it happening?

Patnpm

I had similar symptoms however mine also rebooted from time to time. I
discovered a known problem with HP PSCs running USB. I was running Win2K.
I shutdown the HP startup file in the tray (using msconfig) and everything
settled down after that.