CES07: New Crysis Videos, Screenshots & Interviews

krisz

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
Throughout the entire demo all the graphical features of Crysis dazzled us. The use of motion blur and depth of field made any kind of sudden motion seem more realistic. Trying to use the iron sights of a weapon is also cool, as sun glints on the metal and the depth of field blurs objects that aren't in focus. The high dynamic range lighting and extensive shadowing made the level feel sun-drenched. In terms of sheer fidelity, the DirectX 10 version was noticeably better than the DirectX 9 version of the game that we've seen on previous occasions. Both versions look amazing, but DirectX 10 simply looks better.

Meanwhile, the demo gave us a taste of what to expect in the full game, though Yerli pointed out that it represents only a fraction of what Crysis will have to offer. We didn't get to see the alien invaders in this demo, or any of the interesting environments that are promised later in the game. As to when we can expect it to ship, Yerli said that they're currently on track for a spring release, though he also said that Crytek will not rush the game if more time is needed.

That's from Gamespot.

Here is the link to the article: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/news.html?sid=6163885&tag=topslot;action;1

RTsa

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
The upgrade isn't required. It's optional. Sure, it does get you better graphics & performance, but you can play the game with an old computer. ;)
And even then it'll look just as good as it can with your hardware. If games like Far Cry/FEAR/Doom3/HL2 look good on your computer, Crysis will also look good. :D

james11ace

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
The upgrade isn't required. It's optional. Sure, it does get you better graphics & performance, but you can play the game with an old computer. Wink
And even then it'll look just as good as it can with your hardware. If games like Far Cry/FEAR/Doom3/HL2 look good on your computer, Crysis will also look good. Very Happy
well from looking at your specs im sure your old computer will suffice without an upgrade will give me a bit of time to catch up :oops:

RTsa

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Hah. As if someone has a rig like what I have in my sig. :p

I'm going to be playing Crysis with a 7600GT and an AMD64 3000+ on a 32bit XP with 1GB of memory and I'm sure I'll be able to run it - with pretty low details, I'm sure, but it'll still look as good as other games, which I run with my rig. :)

krisz

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
Ok here is something new at least for me check out CESS stage demo.:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/media.html

They show some tank battles that made the hair stand up on my arms :)
Listen to the interview as well. Aircraft carriers will be playable in multilayer mode woot. This game is going to be a masterpiece indeed.

edit: oops i did not noticed your last Gamespot post is the video i posted as well.