screen saver using my pictures

I want to use my pictures as the screen saver. I want pictures to appear in a certain order and they don't. Ex.; want them to appear as 1,2,3 and so on. They appear in a specific sequence, but not the sequence I want. I've tried switching the pictures around to no avail. How can I make the pic's appear in the order I want them to?

I've tried both alphabetically and numerically and neither approach worked. Any other ideas?

"Rex Morell" wrote:

> I want to use my pictures as the screen saver. I want pictures to appear in a certain order and they don't. Ex.; want them to appear as 1,2,3 and so on. They appear in a specific sequence, but not the sequence I want. I've tried switching the pictures around to no avail. How can I make the pic's appear in the order I want them to?

name them alphabetically.

"Rex Morell" <RexMorell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to use my pictures as the screen saver. I want pictures to appear
in a certain order and they don't. Ex.; want them to appear as 1,2,3 and so
on. They appear in a specific sequence, but not the sequence I want. I've
tried switching the pictures around to no avail. How can I make the pic's
appear in the order I want them to?

I tried that and it didn't work. Tried numerically and that didn't work. Switched picture locations and that didn't work. Any other ideas?

"MahaRaj" wrote:

> name them alphabetically.
>
> "Rex Morell" <RexMorell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I want to use my pictures as the screen saver. I want pictures to appear
> in a certain order and they don't. Ex.; want them to appear as 1,2,3 and so
> on. They appear in a specific sequence, but not the sequence I want. I've
> tried switching the pictures around to no avail. How can I make the pic's
> appear in the order I want them to?

Try this, open 'My Pictures' go to Edit>select all>
Then go to View>arrange by name, or whatever you choose. You can rename them, by name or number first, then arrange them by using the above method.