Desktop is now looking like a folder! How can I fix it???

AllenB

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2004

I ran a defrag the other day and it also included doing a registry cleanup and now my desktop looks like a folder.On the left side it says it is and everything is working fine besides this.I just want it back the way it was! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

"AllenB" <AllenB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I ran a defrag the other day and it also included doing a registry cleanup
and now my desktop looks like a folder.On the left side it says it is and
everything is working fine besides this.I just want it back the way it was!
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

If I understand your problem you now have the Common Tasks pane on your
desktop.

MVP Doug Knox has kindly provided a program to automate repairing the
problem here.

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

AllenB

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2004

Thank You So Much.That little utility fixed it for me and I want to let everyone know that if this ever happens to you use the utility It works great!! Thank you again!!!