E-mail line under name of user on desktop

sherif

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

Under each user's name on the desktop, it tells you if you are loged on, if you have programs running, and how many e-mail messages you have waiting. Under my name, it says I have 14 e-mail messages waiting. I have none, and neither does any other user. It is not correct. How can I get rid of that? I don't want to get rid of the e-mail notification; just that one inaccurate notification.
Thank you

Hi,

This should help:

Overview of Mail Notification Display on WinXP Welcome Screen [Q304148]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304148

Or you can control this ill behavior with TweakUI:

Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org