Two different questions, wallpaper and memory usage

June 22, 2004 12:26:01 AM

Question 1: I have had a spyware pop-up and it was a XP 'impersonator'. It had two X's to x it out and I clicked the wrong one and it automatically installed a few wallpapers on my computer. Can anyone tell me how to delete these wallpapers? I have already removed the spyware completely, but that didn't work.

Question 2: When I got my Dell 4600, it had 95% free gigabyte space. When I went to reinstall XP, it didn't work half way through and I spent 3 hrs on technical support. After all of this was completed, I finally got my XP back and all the drivers installed. But there was less files installed on the computer. However, only 78% free space is available. I tried defragmenting Drive C, and doing a disk clean up.
June 22, 2004 1:53:01 PM

1. Wallpapers can be deleted if you know the names by doing a Search of your
harddrive, rightclick and click delete.
2. You probably have a partial partition that was created by the incomplete install
of XP. A Partitioning program can delete that partition, or you can try the
below free partition program. Be very careful of what you are doing before
deleting ANYTHING!
Ranish Partition Manager v2.44 Beta
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/0,fid,61...

"WizardFlyer" wrote:

> Question 1: I have had a spyware pop-up and it was a XP 'impersonator'. It had two X's to x it out and I clicked the wrong one and it automatically installed a few wallpapers on my computer. Can anyone tell me how to delete these wallpapers? I have already removed the spyware completely, but that didn't work.
>
> Question 2: When I got my Dell 4600, it had 95% free gigabyte space. When I went to reinstall XP, it didn't work half way through and I spent 3 hrs on technical support. After all of this was completed, I finally got my XP back and all the drivers installed. But there was less files installed on the computer. However, only 78% free space is available. I tried defragmenting Drive C, and doing a disk clean up.
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 12:46:23 PM

Problem solved, Drive C: was not formatted, and that needed to be done as well as partition 2 deleted

!