Every time i try to use messenger voice messenger crashes. Regular messenger
working. Uninstalled messenger and now have v6.2 . Same malfunction. I'm
told there is feature "messenger connection troubleshooter" but i don't see
that anywhere. Any ideas plz? Thank you Loren

It's probably down to firewall configuration, what firewall do you have on your PC?

The ports required are as follows

Ports 6891-6900 enable File send,
Port 6901 is for voice communications

Allows Voice, PC to Phone, Messages, and Full File transfer capabilities.

IN TCP 6891 - 6900
IN TCP 1863
IN UDP 1863
IN UDP 5190
IN UDP 6901
IN TCP 6901

Hope that helps

"Loren Kallwick" wrote:

> Every time i try to use messenger voice messenger crashes. Regular messenger
> working. Uninstalled messenger and now have v6.2 . Same malfunction. I'm
> told there is feature "messenger connection troubleshooter" but i don't see
> that anywhere. Any ideas plz? Thank you Loren

I have linsys 041 router called them and made sure ports enabled still have
prblm

"Ashleigh" <Ashleigh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It's probably down to firewall configuration, what firewall do you have on
your PC?

> The ports required are as follows
>
> Ports 6891-6900 enable File send,
> Port 6901 is for voice communications
>
> Allows Voice, PC to Phone, Messages, and Full File transfer capabilities.
>
> IN TCP 6891 - 6900
> IN TCP 1863
> IN UDP 1863
> IN UDP 5190
> IN UDP 6901
> IN TCP 6901
>
> Hope that helps
>

> "Loren Kallwick" wrote:
>
> > Every time i try to use messenger voice messenger crashes. Regular
messenger
> > working. Uninstalled messenger and now have v6.2 . Same malfunction. I'm
> > told there is feature "messenger connection troubleshooter" but i don't
see
> > that anywhere. Any ideas plz? Thank you Loren

Do you get a specific error message, or does it just crash?