steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Wondering if anyone can tell me why my system hangs when
I change to a different user. I get the error
message 'unable to play this video mode'

Juan

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

Hi:

Hope one or the other page will have the answer..

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816873&Product=winxp
(816873) - When you use the Welcome screen to log on to a computer that is
installed as a home computer (a computer where a network domain has not been
specified), the computer appears to stop responding (hang) and you receive
the following message under the...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310918&Product=winxp
(310918) - After you use the Fast User Switching feature to change users on
a Windows XP-based computer, the computer may restart or you may receive the
following error message if the new user attempts to use the special buttons
on the keyboard:...

Hope this helps.

> Wondering if anyone can tell me why my system hangs when
> I change to a different user. I get the error
> message 'unable to play this video mode'

do you get any error code numbers with the error message?