NewJO update

Last response: in Video Games
August 26, 2005 1:50:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

in tipical NoLogic fashion most of the game settings default. trying to
figure out how to turn PunkBuster back on

Following is a list of changes in the v1.6.7.13 update to JO:TR and JO:E

Game Additions and Changes:

In-game changes to video resolution will now produce a confirmation message
before applying changes.
The KOTH Hot Zone now changes colors on the GPS map based on which team has
more time in the Hot Zone.
The game now features a "Kill Cam" which will show the victim what direction
he was killed from.
Players will now receive feedback in the form of their crosshair changing
color, or if using an iron site, having their crosshair flash on the screen,
when their bullets strike a live target.
The crosshair will render in a 1024x768 resolution.
Clicking the My Account button will no longer cause you to exit your game
without first warning you.

NovaWorld Changes:

Checking "Remember My Login" in Joint Operations will no longer cause
conflicts with other NovaLogic games you have installed.
Users will now be punted if after entering a server they fail to spawn or
provide other input within 6 minutes of joining.
Improved ping code will provide more accurate ping times.
The NovaWorld login screen will no longer "Auto-Login". Rather, if the
player chooses to have the game "Remember my Login Information" then the
game will auto-complete the Login and Password fields when this screen
appears, but it will log the user in.
The NovaWorld account Help button has been updated.
The Ranking & Scoring Systems have been enhanced to give players a better
and longer experience when playing Joint Operations.

Menu and Text Changes:

The in-game information and scoring screen has been updated to more
accurately convey scoring information to the end user.
References to HUD map in game have been changed from "Spin Map" to "GPS".

More about : newjo update

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 10:28:49 PM

watooce<TZW> wrote:
> in tipical NoLogic fashion most of the game settings default. trying to
> figure out how to turn PunkBuster back on
>

> Following is a list of changes in the v1.6.7.13 update to JO:TR and JO:E
>

> Game Additions and Changes:
>
> In-game changes to video resolution will now produce a confirmation message
> before applying changes.
> The KOTH Hot Zone now changes colors on the GPS map based on which team has
> more time in the Hot Zone.
> The game now features a "Kill Cam" which will show the victim what direction
> he was killed from.
> Players will now receive feedback in the form of their crosshair changing
> color, or if using an iron site, having their crosshair flash on the screen,
> when their bullets strike a live target.
> The crosshair will render in a 1024x768 resolution.
> Clicking the My Account button will no longer cause you to exit your game
> without first warning you.
>

> NovaWorld Changes:
>
> Checking "Remember My Login" in Joint Operations will no longer cause
> conflicts with other NovaLogic games you have installed.
> Users will now be punted if after entering a server they fail to spawn or
> provide other input within 6 minutes of joining.
> Improved ping code will provide more accurate ping times.
> The NovaWorld login screen will no longer "Auto-Login". Rather, if the
> player chooses to have the game "Remember my Login Information" then the
> game will auto-complete the Login and Password fields when this screen
> appears, but it will log the user in.
> The NovaWorld account Help button has been updated.
> The Ranking & Scoring Systems have been enhanced to give players a better
> and longer experience when playing Joint Operations.
>

> Menu and Text Changes:
>
> The in-game information and scoring screen has been updated to more
> accurately convey scoring information to the end user.
> References to HUD map in game have been changed from "Spin Map" to "GPS".

Kill Cam seems to be taken right out of Call of Duty. You guys should
try it if you havent yet. Id give it an 8 out of 10. It would be better
if they had more online gaming. The players have to provide the servers
but I dont think Activision has a problem with mods.
!