Win XP and Works Suite 2000 compatability problem

Running XP on new Dell computer. Previous computer had Works Suite 2000
installed. In trying to use the old disks to load Works Suite on to the new
computer, only part of the Works Suite seems to be there now. For instance,
the letters and envelopes section is not there now nor is household mgt
tools such as grocery lists etc. Is there some incompatibility between
these two now or is it something I have done to cause this. I'd really like
those sections back. Any help would be appreciated. Tell me in simple
steps please. Thanks.

Perhaps you need to do a Custom install rather than a Typical install

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"BarbaraMN" <NOschissel@SPAMattNO.net> wrote in message
> Running XP on new Dell computer. Previous computer had Works Suite 2000
> installed. In trying to use the old disks to load Works Suite on to the
new
> computer, only part of the Works Suite seems to be there now. For
instance,
> the letters and envelopes section is not there now nor is household mgt
> tools such as grocery lists etc. Is there some incompatibility between
> these two now or is it something I have done to cause this. I'd really
like
> those sections back. Any help would be appreciated. Tell me in simple
> steps please. Thanks.

Works 2000: How to Change the Works 2000 Installation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;239970&Product=wrk

Works 2000: Individual Programs Don't Start Although They Worked Before
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293760&Product=wrk

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"BarbaraMN" <NOschissel@SPAMattNO.net> wrote in message
> Running XP on new Dell computer. Previous computer had Works Suite 2000
> installed. In trying to use the old disks to load Works Suite on to the new
> computer, only part of the Works Suite seems to be there now. For instance,
> the letters and envelopes section is not there now nor is household mgt
> tools such as grocery lists etc. Is there some incompatibility between
> these two now or is it something I have done to cause this. I'd really like
> those sections back. Any help would be appreciated. Tell me in simple
> steps please. Thanks.

I went back to the Works 2000 CD and tried to install again but there were
no options of "custom" vs. "typical". Sorry if these are basic questions.
I expected to be given a choice of things to install.
news:OiUPSdKWEHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...I I