Scandisc/Chkdsk

I use to run Scandisc once a week when I had win 98, How can I get Chkdsk to run automaticly on a scheduled basis?
2 answers Last reply
More about scandisc chkdsk

    "nova7ty3" <nova7ty3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I use to run Scandisc once a week when I had win 98, How can I get Chkdsk
    to run automaticly on a scheduled basis?

    Start/all programs/accessories/system tools/scheduled tasks. Click on the
    Scheduled Task icon, a box will come up with "Add Scheduled Task" at the
    top. Click on that and it will take you through a wizard to add what you
    want. Use the "browse" button to go to windows/system32/ and click on
    chkdsk.exe. The rest you can see pretty easy.

    Jitterbug said in news:10dhrh2rhqrne21@corp.supernews.com:
    > "nova7ty3" <nova7ty3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I use to run Scandisc once a week when I had win 98, How can I get
    >> Chkdsk
    > to run automaticly on a scheduled basis?
    >
    > Start/all programs/accessories/system tools/scheduled tasks. Click on
    > the Scheduled Task icon, a box will come up with "Add Scheduled Task"
    > at the top. Click on that and it will take you through a wizard to
    > add what you want. Use the "browse" button to go to windows/system32/
    > and click on chkdsk.exe. The rest you can see pretty easy.

    Note that if you run checkdisk on your Windows system drive, usually C:,
    via "chkdsk c:" then checkdisk won't run until the next reboot (because
    that partition is inuse and locked while the OS is running).

    Maybe selecting "At System Startup" gets around that problem but then
    checkdisk would run on every Windows startup.

    You should not need to keep running checkdisk all the time ... *if* you
    are using NTFS instead of FAT32.

    *** Email domain = ".com" *AND* append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

Chkdsk Microsoft Windows XP