Changing keyboard from ps/2 to USB

Hi,

I'm having an issue with keyboard installation. I have a
MS Internet Keyboard Pro (with usb hub) that is plugged
into both the PS/2 connector and one USB slot. Yesterday,
I wanted to replace it with just a standard USB keyboard.
If I boot with just the USB keyboard, I get to the windows
IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. I re-install the PS/2 keyboard
connection, and WinXPHome loads just fine. I can connect
the USB keyboard after WinXp loads, and it works just fine.

Didn't have much time to mess with it yesterday, due to
storms, but what can I do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about changing keyboard

    An Update. Unplugged everything USB and tried with just
    keyboard. Turned legacy USB support off and on. No Go.
    WinXP will not load without the PS/2 keyboard hooked up.
    The last hex of the IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL stop is
    0X804F50B0.

    Any help would be appreciated.

PS/2 USB Keyboards Windows XP