windows millenium

My son has windows ME and on start up his pc.keeps telling him to load up windows 98. Why? please answer if you can
--
smart one
3 answers Last reply

    If you are not using Windows XP, you'll need to repost your
    question in the appropriate Windows 98 newsgroup:

    Please visit the Windows 98 newsgroup:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "golden oldie" <goldenoldie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

    | My son has windows ME and on start up his pc.keeps telling him to load up windows 98. Why? please answer if
    you can
    | --
    | smart one

    Sounds like his Win98 is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled. Do you have the
    disk? Or, try to boot in Safe Mode and check for problems. Turn the PC off
    and reboot and immediately start pressing F8 to get into Safe Mode.

    "golden oldie" wrote:

    > My son has windows ME and on start up his pc.keeps telling him to load up windows 98. Why? please answer if you can
    > --
    > smart one

    ignore all that other drivel...just reformat the hd and
    install w2K or wXP and get rid of ME and 98. Machine
    can't handle w2k or xp? throw it away and buy a computer.

Windows Me Millenium Microsoft Windows XP