windows millenium

June 23, 2004 12:40:02 PM

My son has windows ME and on start up his pc.keeps telling him to load up windows 98. Why? please answer if you can
--
smart one

More about : windows millenium

Anonymous
June 23, 2004 2:46:13 PM

If you are not using Windows XP, you'll need to repost your
question in the appropriate Windows 98 newsgroup:

Please visit the Windows 98 newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"golden oldie" <goldenoldie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| My son has windows ME and on start up his pc.keeps telling him to load up windows 98. Why? please answer if
you can
| --
| smart one
June 23, 2004 4:21:01 PM

Sounds like his Win98 is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled. Do you have the
disk? Or, try to boot in Safe Mode and check for problems. Turn the PC off
and reboot and immediately start pressing F8 to get into Safe Mode.

"golden oldie" wrote:

> My son has windows ME and on start up his pc.keeps telling him to load up windows 98. Why? please answer if you can
> --
> smart one
June 25, 2004 5:19:53 PM

ignore all that other drivel...just reformat the hd and
install w2K or wXP and get rid of ME and 98. Machine
can't handle w2k or xp? throw it away and buy a computer.

!