"open with" menu

For some reason when I right click a file in order to open it with
a particular program in this case - notepad - Notepad no longer appears
and has been replaced by WordPad. How do I get notepad back again in the
right click "open with" menu?
Choosing notepad in the folder options - file types is not working for me.
Thanks for any help.

Byte

Do it again, and then select "Choose Program", navigate to Notepad
and tick "always use the selected program to open this kind of file"
Click OK.

"Frafi" wrote:

> For some reason when I right click a file in order to open it with
> a particular program in this case - notepad - Notepad no longer appears
> and has been replaced by WordPad. How do I get notepad back again in the
> right click "open with" menu?
> Choosing notepad in the folder options - file types is not working for me.
> Thanks for any help.

I have done that and the option for ""always use the selected program to
open this kind of file"
is grayed out. Another suggestion maybe?