tara

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

Does anyone know why my pc's clock keeps getting set back by exactly 3 hours. I will adjust it to the correct time & then maybe the next time I am on, I look and it's 3 hours behind again. It doesn't happen as soon as I am on, but after I am on for quite some time.

Are you sure you have your computer setup for the correct time zone? Open the Date
and Time folder in the Control Panel and check...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Tara" <Tara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know why my pc's clock keeps getting set back by exactly 3 hours. I
will adjust it to the correct time & then maybe the next time I am on, I look and
it's 3 hours behind again. It doesn't happen as soon as I am on, but after I am on
for quite some time.

Sounds like the PC is still set to PT (Pacific Time) Zone and your
live in ET (Eastern Time) Zone - so of course everytime XP goes out to
sync to clock, it adjusts for being PT instead of ET - net result, 3
hours behind.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service