Sign in with
Your question

Hey... Red Alert 2...

Last response: in Video Games
January 15, 2007 3:01:59 AM

Ok well, I have been trying to play this forever... .so if you can help I would be very greatfull, but anyways back to the chase:

First, I bought a C&C pack= renegade, yuris revenges, and like 3 others, but it wouldnt work so i went to the store exchanged it for the command and conquer the first decade pack, and got home, (it said windows xp compatibal: but then i gte home, and my dad was like, it says its a dvd, your drive is not a dvd drive....... so i get my moms CD, and put it in, and then it loads up, (not the decade cd) and I click install, then it just disappears, it wont install, and I have tried alot of different stuff.. if you can help thanks, if not thanks for trying

More about : hey red alert

January 15, 2007 8:24:47 AM

Yah what, you magically turned the DVD in to a CD or are you referring to a DVD drive as a CD or are you talking about a Red Alert 2 CD you had lying about?
January 15, 2007 10:01:41 AM

You are trying to put a DVD rom into a CD drive?

DVD =/= CD.
Related resources
January 15, 2007 11:42:22 AM

no.. I said i got one of my moms CDs, its a red alert 2 CD, because the renegade first decade wouldnt run in my cs drive.... and now i click install on the Red alert 2 CD when the box pops up, and it just goes byebye and doesnt install!! :( 
January 15, 2007 1:01:25 PM

RA2 had 2 CDs. If one does not work, try the other one, I can't remember if one of them was supposed to be the install CD.

Also if it just closes when the CD pops up, try exploring the CD (open My Computer, right click the CD, click explore) and look for a setup or install icon in there. Try doubleclicking that.

Also you may want to consider buying a DVD drive. They really don't cost all that much and are easy to install. If you go to www.newegg.com or some other online sales site, you can get a DVD burner for less than $35 easily.

RA2 was a great game, and Yuri's Revenge was a great expansion for it. Good luck getting it installed and have fun.
January 16, 2007 8:34:38 AM

I remember I had this problem as I wanted to play Red Alert 2 again.

I don't remember EXACTLY what I did to fix it, but I do remember using Google and finding my answer relatively quickly. Normally I'd look it up for you, but it's 2:30AM and I'm tired and lazy :wink:
January 18, 2007 12:09:35 PM

alright well thanks guys, I found the problem, I opened a little program which now i cant find it... but then i typed D: (then hit enter) and then CD (hit enter) and i guess it worked I have no clue how though
but thanks for helping
!