Which motherboard with KT-333??

tersagun

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
Which board with the DDR-333 support is the most stable board?
can i trust to boards like epox or shuttle for example?

Banshee; The best ever produced card in price/performance!

lashram

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2002
didn't you read tom's round up? they benchmarked a whole slew of kt333 and then deemed: Gigabyte GA-7VRXP as the winner............verry helpfull article you should check it out

though i allways talk to strangers....orson wells

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
I read the article, i'm not satisfied

Tom has been biased towards Gigabyte for a while now, and their boards are among the poorest quality in my opinion. Dual bios is nothing more than eye candy, and they have trouble just updating the bios. Then there was the Ga-7rxp problem...terrible motherboard from what i've heard. Have you actually used a Gigabyte board yourself? Or are you just saying this because you "read the article"? I am responding with experience, and Gigabyte is among the lowest in companies that I would reccomend.

"When there's a will, there's a way."

eqmassa

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2002
After a lot of research, I've deemed the Asus A7V333 the best KT333 motherboard out there. However, I've heard rumors that KT333 chipset has issues with Geforce4 TI series..

Gaming PC in progress, suggestions welcome :)

tersagun

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
I heard that boards like epox and soltek are good in performance, too.
but my point is trust..
for example i think epox is really new and "un-known" company, don't?
i'm not sure i can trust epox. i don't want a broken board after using it just a year.
i need first a durable board.
(and i personally hate asus)

Banshee; The best ever produced card in price/performance!

cableguy22

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
being frustrated with Gigabyte KT333 mobo, I replaced it with ABIT AT7 and it's the best mobo I've ever had. Very stable and very fast. Don't believe those reviewers 100% (like I did with gigabyte) ABIT & ASUS are the best KT333 mobos, but I got more with ABIT for the same price...

Annubisboy

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
I've heard nothing but good things about the Soyo Dragon Ultra series, plus they come with a decent bundle of goodies (drive bay with 4 usb ect.) Mine's (Ultra Plat.) in the mail as we speak...

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
That is a stupid rumor. The works perfectly fine with the Geforce4 ti series. The only thing to look out for is whether or not the Ata connectors on the motherboard get in the way of the extra space the Gf4 ti series takes up. Those things are huge!

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
What do you mena Epox is "really new", and "un-known?"

They have been making AMD boards since the Via Kx-133 series. Most of their motherboards are good, and I have had no problems using their recent addition, the 8kha+.

cableguy22

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
I would suggest going with the mobos that were known for its reliability and good support for a long time... those soyo or epox maybe good now, but who knows how they will support it later on when new hardware/software comes out... there is a post somewhere who got soyo mobo and even though it was on the "free warranty" they still wanted to charge him for repairs....

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
I would suggest going with the mobos that were known for its reliability and good support for a long time... those soyo or epox maybe good now, but who knows how they will support it later on when new hardware/software comes out...
That has to be the most retarded statement i've read for a while. All companies may have bad support later, we don't know who though. We could guess, but we know what companies are good *now*. Soyo and Epox have been, and will remain reputable companies. Don't go flaming them now, they have very good models to choose from.

there is a post somewhere who got soyo mobo and even though it was on the "free warranty" they still wanted to charge him for repairs....
Well, so does Asus, and all the other companies located in Taiwan, if you think about it. I have the Soyo sy-kt333 myself, and it works fine. If I needed to replace it, then I could get an RMA from their website. No such thing as paying for warranty, unless you don't know what you are doing.

cableguy22

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That has to be the most retarded statement i've read for a while. All companies may have bad support later, we don't know who though. We could guess, but we know what companies are good *now*. Soyo and Epox have been, and will remain reputable companies. Don't go flaming them now, they have very good models to choose from.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm that's a way to go, insult first then argue... first of all, what you say is a newbies talk, I always purchased mobos from ASUS or ABIT and had nothing but good stable motherboards and good support... then I had tyan and the board was great until win XP came out, after that I decided to give a chance Gigabyte (Ga-7rxp based on Tom's review) and this was the worst mobo I've ever used... even the latest updates didn't solve the problem.

Well, since you own Soyo you really want it say only good things about it. but you only hear this name a lot because of their "through the roof features" mobo for a good price, before that no one even heard about this company... anyway enjoy your Soyo and I wish you luck if something goes wrong you will get good support.

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
I happen to own a Soyo, Epox, and an FIC motherboard, as well as had experience working on Asus, Abit, MSI, and Gigabyte boards at a local computer shop I visit frequently. I don't go by statements or reviews, I have experience with a variety of parts. Don't you even start with me, I probably have more knowledge about the companies than you will ever dream of acheiving. Yes, I will to continue to use the term, Gigasuck until they decide to have a more precise and efficient quality control for their motherboards. People have heard of Soyo, obviously not you though. If you look at their designs, you will notice they date back to the times of the AMD 750 chipsets, and Intel chipsets around the Pentium 2 series.

I wish you luck if something goes wrong you will get good support

I don't need support, I am technical support for others who need help *points at you*

Dinski

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2002
By my personal opinion - Asus, Abit or Epox. Just read the features and decide. They are all stable and reliable, I think.

<font color=orange>ÃÎËßÌ ÇÀËÚÊ ËÀÏÍÈ, ÃÎËßÌÀ ÙÀÍÃÀ ÂÄÈÃÍÈ!</font color=orange>

leebrownusa

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Give Soltek a hard look. I've got a 1800 AMD in a Soltek 75drv4 board. Rock solid from day one. Great system overall and the MB is the base/core of it all. I don't overclock but I've read you can....Just a little conservative.

Ross_co

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2002
WHAT EVER THE HELL YA DO DONT GO FOR THE GIGABYTE BOARD!!!! I HAD MINES 2 WEEKS AND ITS JUST FRIED ONE 40GB AND TWO 80GB HARD DRIVES!!!!! THE THING SUCKS!!! THEY WERE MY SERVER DRIVES SO NOW IT DOWN FOR ALONG TIME TILL I GET NEW ONES.... TRUST ME GIGABYTE ARE BAD FOR FAILURES... I GOT 3 K333 BOARDS.... MY FAVOURITE IS THE ASUS A7V333 NOT THE FASTEST BUT ITS WELL THE STABLEST.... AND EASIEST TOO USE FOR NOOBS.... THO I LIKE MY ABIT BOARD.... BUT THATS STILL NOT BEEN TESTED 100% BY ME YET... GO FOR ASUS, ABIT OR EPOX.... BEST BET. DONT GET THE DAMN GIGABYTE UNLESS YOU WANT SOME TROUBLE.... PEACE

sorry bout the caps if you are disgusted by them.... one i forgot to take cpas off.... two its sad to think people actually get offended by them.... <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Ross_co on 08/04/02 06:43 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

dkwells1012

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
I read the article... bought two of the Gigabyte GA7VRXP's... they both are both useless. See the many recent posts on this board. I would avoid at all costs. Gigabyte's problem is that when a board works well, it really works well, but their quality control sucks and I too often have been burned by bad products.

Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your own way.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dkwells1012 on 08/05/02 09:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

smitbret

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
I've built a couple of systems with the Shuttle AK35GT2 boards. The first one I got was DOA, but Newegg replaced it quickly and I've been very happy with them, especially considering the price. I haven't tried the AK35GTR2, yet. I'll probably get flamed for recommending a Shuttle, but I've been running an AK31 in my own computer for just a bit more than a year and I have been nothing but overjoyed. After the Shuttle, I would go with the Abit. Epox isn't a bad choice either.