"Streaming" BBC radio broadcasts

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 30, 2004 12:26:47 AM

Does anyone know whether any of the available media streamers
(Linksys/Netgear etc) are capable of streaming a BBC radio broadcast via a
ADSL modem/router

Accessing on the BBC site (www.bbc.co.uk) requires the REAL player
July 30, 2004 3:24:11 AM

"John Kelly" <fielldmaster@thefield.fsworldDELETEME.co.uk> wrote in message
> Does anyone know whether any of the available media streamers
> (Linksys/Netgear etc) are capable of streaming a BBC radio broadcast via a
> ADSL modem/router
>
> Accessing on the BBC site (www.bbc.co.uk) requires the REAL player

The USR8054 with the latest firmware does:
http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=80...

Firmware

Pre-Release 125 Mbps Upgrade
Version 1.44b12
Note: Upgrading to version 1.44b12 below will reset your wireless router to
the factory default settings, including your password. U.S. Robotics is
offering this Pre-Release of the 125 Mbps upgrade to enhance connectivity
via the following features:
WPA and WPA-PSK wireless security modes
125 Mbps frame bursting enhancement
Dynamic wireless channel to avoid interference
Supports reception of Multicast streaming to LAN clients
Improved support for Netscape browsers
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 11:26:56 AM

"GuitarMan" <usa@yourface.com> wrote in message

> "John Kelly" <fielldmaster@thefield.fsworldDELETEME.co.uk> wrote in
message
> > Does anyone know whether any of the available media streamers
> > (Linksys/Netgear etc) are capable of streaming a BBC radio broadcast via
> > ADSL modem/router
> >
> > Accessing on the BBC site (www.bbc.co.uk) requires the REAL player
>
> The USR8054 with the latest firmware does:
> http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=80...
>
> Firmware
>
> Pre-Release 125 Mbps Upgrade
> Version 1.44b12
> Note: Upgrading to version 1.44b12 below will reset your wireless router
> the factory default settings, including your password. U.S. Robotics is
> offering this Pre-Release of the 125 Mbps upgrade to enhance connectivity
> via the following features:
> WPA and WPA-PSK wireless security modes
> 125 Mbps frame bursting enhancement
> Dynamic wireless channel to avoid interference
> Supports reception of Multicast streaming to LAN clients
> Improved support for Netscape browsers

Thanks but I was wanting something to plug into my music system - very poor
radio reception in this area (I already have a modem/router)

The type of device that I was thinking about was a Linksys WML11B Media Link
or the Netgear "equivalent"
July 30, 2004 3:08:57 PM

> "GuitarMan" <usa@yourface.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "John Kelly" <fielldmaster@thefield.fsworldDELETEME.co.uk> wrote in
> message
> > > Does anyone know whether any of the available media streamers
> > > (Linksys/Netgear etc) are capable of streaming a BBC radio broadcast
via
> > > ADSL modem/router
> > >
> > > Accessing on the BBC site (www.bbc.co.uk) requires the REAL player
> >
> > The USR8054 with the latest firmware does:
> > http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=80...
> >
> > Firmware
> >
> > Pre-Release 125 Mbps Upgrade
> > Version 1.44b12
> > Note: Upgrading to version 1.44b12 below will reset your wireless router
> > the factory default settings, including your password. U.S. Robotics is
> > offering this Pre-Release of the 125 Mbps upgrade to enhance
connectivity
> > via the following features:
> > WPA and WPA-PSK wireless security modes
> > 125 Mbps frame bursting enhancement
> > Dynamic wireless channel to avoid interference
> > Supports reception of Multicast streaming to LAN clients
> > Improved support for Netscape browsers
> >

> Thanks but I was wanting something to plug into my music system - very
poor
> radio reception in this area (I already have a modem/router)
>
> The type of device that I was thinking about was a Linksys WML11B Media
Link
> or the Netgear "equivalent"

Sorry about that answer...I misread your post.
!