"Streaming" BBC radio broadcasts

Does anyone know whether any of the available media streamers
(Linksys/Netgear etc) are capable of streaming a BBC radio broadcast via a
ADSL modem/router

Accessing on the BBC site (www.bbc.co.uk) requires the REAL player
3 answers Last reply
More about streaming radio broadcasts

    "John Kelly" <fielldmaster@thefield.fsworldDELETEME.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know whether any of the available media streamers
    > (Linksys/Netgear etc) are capable of streaming a BBC radio broadcast via a
    > ADSL modem/router
    >
    > Accessing on the BBC site (www.bbc.co.uk) requires the REAL player

    The USR8054 with the latest firmware does:
    http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=8054

    Firmware

    Pre-Release 125 Mbps Upgrade
    Version 1.44b12
    Note: Upgrading to version 1.44b12 below will reset your wireless router to
    the factory default settings, including your password. U.S. Robotics is
    offering this Pre-Release of the 125 Mbps upgrade to enhance connectivity
    via the following features:
    WPA and WPA-PSK wireless security modes
    125 Mbps frame bursting enhancement
    Dynamic wireless channel to avoid interference
    Supports reception of Multicast streaming to LAN clients
    Improved support for Netscape browsers

    "GuitarMan" <usa@yourface.com> wrote in message

    > "John Kelly" <fielldmaster@thefield.fsworldDELETEME.co.uk> wrote in
    message
    > > Does anyone know whether any of the available media streamers
    > > (Linksys/Netgear etc) are capable of streaming a BBC radio broadcast via
    > > ADSL modem/router
    > >
    > > Accessing on the BBC site (www.bbc.co.uk) requires the REAL player
    >
    > The USR8054 with the latest firmware does:
    > http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=8054
    >
    > Firmware
    >
    > Pre-Release 125 Mbps Upgrade
    > Version 1.44b12
    > Note: Upgrading to version 1.44b12 below will reset your wireless router
    > the factory default settings, including your password. U.S. Robotics is
    > offering this Pre-Release of the 125 Mbps upgrade to enhance connectivity
    > via the following features:
    > WPA and WPA-PSK wireless security modes
    > 125 Mbps frame bursting enhancement
    > Dynamic wireless channel to avoid interference
    > Supports reception of Multicast streaming to LAN clients
    > Improved support for Netscape browsers

    Thanks but I was wanting something to plug into my music system - very poor
    radio reception in this area (I already have a modem/router)

    The type of device that I was thinking about was a Linksys WML11B Media Link
    or the Netgear "equivalent"

    > "GuitarMan" <usa@yourface.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "John Kelly" <fielldmaster@thefield.fsworldDELETEME.co.uk> wrote in
    > message
    > > > Does anyone know whether any of the available media streamers
    > > > (Linksys/Netgear etc) are capable of streaming a BBC radio broadcast
    via
    > > > ADSL modem/router
    > > >
    > > > Accessing on the BBC site (www.bbc.co.uk) requires the REAL player
    > >
    > > The USR8054 with the latest firmware does:
    > > http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=8054
    > >
    > > Firmware
    > >
    > > Pre-Release 125 Mbps Upgrade
    > > Version 1.44b12
    > > Note: Upgrading to version 1.44b12 below will reset your wireless router
    > > the factory default settings, including your password. U.S. Robotics is
    > > offering this Pre-Release of the 125 Mbps upgrade to enhance
    connectivity
    > > via the following features:
    > > WPA and WPA-PSK wireless security modes
    > > 125 Mbps frame bursting enhancement
    > > Dynamic wireless channel to avoid interference
    > > Supports reception of Multicast streaming to LAN clients
    > > Improved support for Netscape browsers
    > >

    > Thanks but I was wanting something to plug into my music system - very
    poor
    > radio reception in this area (I already have a modem/router)
    >
    > The type of device that I was thinking about was a Linksys WML11B Media
    Link
    > or the Netgear "equivalent"

    Sorry about that answer...I misread your post.

Streaming Radio Wireless Networking