Task Manager running Processes

Does anyone know where I might find a list of the Image Names which will
give me the program that is using the process. I would like to stop some of
these processes from running , but I don't know what started the process.
2 answers Last reply
More about task manager running processes

    http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/service411.htm

    has a good set of guides
    Hope this helps,
    Chek

    --
    Change' boos' to 'bos' in address to email directly
    "Dick" <Smok10a@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know where I might find a list of the Image Names which will
    > give me the program that is using the process. I would like to stop some
    of
    > these processes from running , but I don't know what started the process.

    | "Dick" <Smok10a@netscape.net.INVALID>
    | wrote in message news:Su-dncYzerAvu0bdRVn-sQ@comcast.com...
    | Does anyone know where I might find a list of the Image Names which will
    | give me the program that is using the process. I would like to stop some of
    | these processes from running , but I don't know what started the process.

    For an Introduction on how to identify and disable start-up programs from
    running see:

    Startups - Contents
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php

    The aforementioned Web Page has the following link to a comprehensive
    list of programs that are loaded at start-up and includes a Description
    of the program. In some cases there is a recommendation on what to
    do about the program. The Web Page includes a "search" feature:

    Sysinfo_org
    http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

    The following Web Page also has a comprehensive list and includes
    a Description of the program. And in all cases (AFAICT) there is a
    Recommendation on what you can do about the program. The Web
    Page does not have a search feature, instead it is designed where you
    click a button to list all startup programs that begin with that letter
    of the alphabet:

    Task List Programs

    And for comprehensive information about Microsoft Windows Services
    see the following Microsoft Web Page:

    TechNet Home | Products & Technologies | Server Operating Systems |
    Windows Server 2003:
    System Services for the Windows Server 2003 Family and
    Windows XP Operating Systems
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/svrxpser_7.mspx

Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP