Diablo I Strength Limit?

I have a mage level 26 multiplayer.

My base strength in the stats page changed colors, and ever since then
leveling up, elixirs and the strength shrine does not affect my strength.

When this first happened I just figured it was some kind of balancing
factor, to make sure I wasn't turning my Mage into a Warrior - but I've
advanced three levels and I still can't get my strength above 45. Is this a
permanent hard limit?

Also I tried searching google for this, but I couldn't find anything -
probably using the wrong terminology.

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Luc The Perverse <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> typed this like they
were devouring a plate of fresh spoo:
> I have a mage level 26 multiplayer.
>
> My base strength in the stats page changed colors, and ever since then
> leveling up, elixirs and the strength shrine does not affect my
> strength.
>
> When this first happened I just figured it was some kind of balancing
> factor, to make sure I wasn't turning my Mage into a Warrior - but
> I've advanced three levels and I still can't get my strength above
> 45. Is this a permanent hard limit?

Yep, elixirs are a waste of cash once you hit the limit, only items can
boost your str further. Each class has a restriction on all stats, for
example, Warriors can't boost their magic very high.

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw> and realizing that it's a
small world after all, "Luc The Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu>
said:

>I have a mage level 26 multiplayer.
>
>My base strength in the stats page changed colors, and ever since then
>leveling up, elixirs and the strength shrine does not affect my strength.
>
>When this first happened I just figured it was some kind of balancing
>factor, to make sure I wasn't turning my Mage into a Warrior - but I've
>advanced three levels and I still can't get my strength above 45. Is this a
>permanent hard limit?
>
>Also I tried searching google for this, but I couldn't find anything -
>probably using the wrong terminology.

Here's a link to a diablo 1/hellfire guide by jarulf:
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/jarulf/index.shtml

It has a lot of information about diablo 1 and hellfire.
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002