Problem with HP PSC 1210 all-in-one

Hi,

I recently purchased a new HP PSC 1210 all-in-one printer/copier/scanner,
and installed it in a new Windows XP Pro workstation.

When I boot the system, the PSC 1210 driver takes over 1 minute to initialize...
and I can't run any other applications while the PSC 1210 driver is initializing!

This means that I have to wait over 1 minute to use my computer after it
boots, which is extremely annoying! (i.e., this HP PSC 1210 driver obviates
the very fast 4 second boot time of my Windows XP workstation).

BTW, my PSC 1210 all-in-one is connected to a USB 2.0 port using a new USB
2.0-compatible USB cord... and I have tried plugging the cord into different
USB ports... but with th esame unfortunate 1+ minute delay at Windows startup
:(

Has anyone found a way to speed up the HP PSC 1210 driver initialization,
or is this driver really this slow?!

Thanks in advance,

~Matt Verona
Houston, Texas
2 answers Last reply
More about problem 1210

    On 19 Apr 2004 06:06:37 -0500, "Matt Verona"
    <mattverona@houston.rr.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I recently purchased a new HP PSC 1210 all-in-one printer/copier/scanner,
    >and installed it in a new Windows XP Pro workstation.
    >
    >When I boot the system, the PSC 1210 driver takes over 1 minute to initialize...
    >and I can't run any other applications while the PSC 1210 driver is initializing!
    >
    >This means that I have to wait over 1 minute to use my computer after it
    >boots, which is extremely annoying! (i.e., this HP PSC 1210 driver obviates
    >the very fast 4 second boot time of my Windows XP workstation).
    >
    >BTW, my PSC 1210 all-in-one is connected to a USB 2.0 port using a new USB
    >2.0-compatible USB cord... and I have tried plugging the cord into different
    >USB ports... but with th esame unfortunate 1+ minute delay at Windows startup
    >:(
    >
    >Has anyone found a way to speed up the HP PSC 1210 driver initialization,
    >or is this driver really this slow?!
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >
    >~Matt Verona
    >Houston, Texas

    Have you tried reinstalling the drivers. I have a 1210 xi and have not
    had any problems.

    I also didn't install all their software, just the drivers but when I
    did install everything I didn't have any problems.

    It might be conflicting with something else that is loading on boot.

    Good luck

    Are you certain that it is the 1210 that is causing the delay? I ask
    because the Symantec utilities have a bug in one version which creates
    a 90 second delay after Windows is done loading but before full
    functionality (and the Windows opening chord) appears. There is a fix
    available.

    Dick Ballard
    ballardr@att.net

    On 19 Apr 2004 06:06:37 -0500, "Matt Verona"
    <mattverona@houston.rr.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I recently purchased a new HP PSC 1210 all-in-one printer/copier/scanner,
    >and installed it in a new Windows XP Pro workstation.
    >
    >When I boot the system, the PSC 1210 driver takes over 1 minute to initialize...
    >and I can't run any other applications while the PSC 1210 driver is initializing!
    >
    >This means that I have to wait over 1 minute to use my computer after it
    >boots, which is extremely annoying! (i.e., this HP PSC 1210 driver obviates
    >the very fast 4 second boot time of my Windows XP workstation).
    >
    >BTW, my PSC 1210 all-in-one is connected to a USB 2.0 port using a new USB
    >2.0-compatible USB cord... and I have tried plugging the cord into different
    >USB ports... but with th esame unfortunate 1+ minute delay at Windows startup
    >:(
    >
    >Has anyone found a way to speed up the HP PSC 1210 driver initialization,
    >or is this driver really this slow?!
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >
    >~Matt Verona
    >Houston, Texas

Hewlett Packard Workstations Windows XP Computers