INSTALLED BAD DRIVER

DarthYahya

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
I JUST GOT MY SECOND WD640 BLUE TODAY. I SETUP RAID 0 ARRAY STRIPED AT 128K
AFTER INSTALLING ALL MY PROGRAMS DRIVER ETC, I NOTICED THE YELLOW ! ON RAID DRIVER. FINDING ONLY THE DRIVER FOR MY P5E-VM HDMI FOR VISTA64, I MANUALLY UPDATED AND IGNORED THE WARNING THAT MY SYSTEM MAY BECOME UNSTABLE. NEEDLESS TO SAY AFTER REBOOTING I GOT TO THE WINDOWS SCREEN WHERE THE COLORS START TO FLY AROUND AND BSOD. I TRIED LAST KNOWN CONFIG, SAFE MODE TO NO AVAIL. IF I COULD BOOT FROM A WINDOWS DISK OR USE THE REPAIR FEATURE AND GO TO A COMMAND LINE, HOW WOULD I ROLL BACK THE DRIVER OR UNINSTALL IT SO MY SYSTEM WOULD BOOT AGAIN? THANX IN ADVANCE. SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK

DarthYahya

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010

And would anyone have a link to the right raid driver? ASUS does not have support for windows 7 64 bit for my mobo. i tried the intel sight but did not find what i was looking for. thanx again

Wamphryi

Distinguished
This is a tricky problem indeed. It sounds like your Motherboard is not up with Win 7 technology. Yet if it is a standard Intel Onboard RAID then it should be compatible with Win 7. The fact that you have no identified the Motherboard makes it difficult to comment further.

1haplo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007

DarthYahya

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
the mobo is an asus p5e-vm hdmi
i cannot get the machine to boot. it was up n running. installed all my crap, was playing on steam DOD. but when i saw a driver not installed in device manager i went to asus and downloaded the makedriver for vista 64 bit. in the folder there was a folder called dos 64. i manually installed the driver "have disk" and recieved the warning that the driver may not be compatible etc. after rebooting the machine would not get past the windows logo, then straight to bsod.
i booted into repair mode but the message indicated that it could not be repaired. i went to a dos prompt and deleted iastor.sys and iasotrv.sys from windows/system32/drivers.
still the same.
right now i rebotted to a dos prompt in windows repair mode and am running chkdsk /f /r
idont think its gonna work. i am wondering if a scannow /sfc might work. if you gurus cant help its
"WHIPE IT TIME!" then another few hours of reinstalling all my crap again.

i dont know if i need the asus windows 7 64 bit raid drivers or being that its the ich9 or whatever chip, i should use one from the intel site if and when i get this pc up and running again.

thanks in advance