Howdy guys - gaming issues with COV (grahpical/cpu)

Doa123

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
I'm running a :

CPU: 2.2g AMD Anthlon64 Clawhammer
RAM: 2gigs of 3200 Kingston
Video Card : Geforce 7800 GS OC
Western Digital HD 80g
Sound blaster Audigy 2
ASUS A8N-E Deluxe

I know these are slightly older but not that much, however I experience lag with all my settings on low or high around the huge city urban areas. The recommended settings are cranked all to high. I have played with these and I seem to get no affect. I usually hover around 18-45 fps depending on where I am at and what I am looking at, also images on the billboards are blurred out and take a while to load up(sometimes). I get in a instance and it runs smooth as a babies butt, but when I group with anything bigger then 6-8 people and there are numerous enemy's my computer will "skip" and "chug" while all the AoE effects are going on, even tho the frame rate stays solid for smoothness. I was wondering, is my CPU bottlenecking or what? I I am sliding a dual core into this old mobo in a few days , will that help it out? I can't buy a new rig at the moment but I am working towards it. But City of Villains I really didn't think was that demanding!? It feels like I have far the amount of specs for this game. But changing mutiple settings,drivers,overclocking,cold bug - slowing down my video card fan doesent seem to work. Any help?

zoridon

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2005
Sorry took so long to get on this post havent checked coh forum lately: The duel core processor you hopefully recently installed will most likely fix your problems. I ran into the same problems with a clawhammer socket 754 at 2.5 ghz with 1.5 gigs of ram and a 7800gt. Close to your specs. I changed to the Asus Rock duel sata and the 3800x2 overclocked to 2.2 ghz and 2 gigs of ram. And bamm 95% of my problems are gone. COH ustilizes the second core to offload a lot of the new physics workload. Also you can go into your advanced graphics settings in options and turn down your particle count to 100 (the lowest) which helps a lot in those heavy special effects large battles and actually helps you see your own toon through dark armor and tones down all the glow from invulerability running unyielding. I personally turn down water effects to low as well. If you want I'll post all my tweaks on the game that seems to help the most.