whats the best chipset

mshea787

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2002
i want a motherboaard for my new 1.9 p4 but their are like 4 different chipsets which one is best but i want rdram not ddr

Dinski

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2002
Intel 850. It's not just a myth - Intel CPUs work best (I mean - most stable) with Intel chipsets. And choose a good mobo - ASUS, Abit, Epox, MSI, Gigabyte... If you are not planning to overclock, get Intel mobo as well.

<font color=orange>ÃÎËßÌ ÇÀËÚÊ ËÀÏÍÈ, ÃÎËßÌÀ ÙÀÍÃÀ ÂÄÈÃÍÈ!</font color=orange>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
I80E support 533 FSB and non official support for Pc 1066.

Some mobo have also the new south bridge ICH4

The day i meet a goth queen that tell me Intel suck.I turn in a lemming to fill is need in hardware.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The best board for PC1066 RDRAM is the Gigabyte GA-8IHXP, with Intel i850E northbridge and the newer ICH4 southbridge.

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had ask more questions first!</font color=blue>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
I wonder how you can remember gigabytes mobo name there all the same to me, they look like serial number

The day i meet a goth queen that tell me Intel suck.I turn in a lemming to fill is need in hardware.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Most of the guys complaining own a KT333 board. Now I know that's not this board. A few guys are complaining about the GA-8IEXP, that's an i845 board. So I don't have to remember all the names, only a couple.

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had ask more questions first!</font color=blue>

Dinski

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2002
If you want overclocking, take Asus, Abit, Epox or MSI.
If you want to spend several bucks more, choose 850 E chipset.

<font color=orange>ÃÎËßÌ ÇÀËÚÊ ËÀÏÍÈ, ÃÎËßÌÀ ÙÀÍÃÀ ÂÄÈÃÍÈ!</font color=orange>

waja

Distinguished
May 7, 2002
Abit's current RDRAM board is the TH7-II. It is an i850 Mainboard. The BIOS and DRCGs on this board prevent it from being an excellent solution.
The DRCGs can be replaced. The BIOS is up to Abit.

tbirdXPplus

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2002
850, if money is not an issue.

but wait for the SIS648. pretty good, and affordable. but, if u got a tight budget, then people would recommend AMD....

DDR platform chipsets are not as good as RAMBUS; intel`s quad-pumping FSB has a bandwidth that only RAMBUS and DDR400 can match. 850, 850E, and any DDR chipset supporting DDR400 qould be good.

"Is Celeron good?"
"No. Celeron is bad."
LOL

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You did know the newer core version 1.8A is cheaper, faster, and overclocks 400% better, no?

tersagun

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
No chipset is best for you anymore, you lost the game from the beginning with buying a p4! ;-)

<b>Banshee; The best ever produced card in price/performance!</b>

tersagun

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
You can buy your lovely Pentiums with this prices just thanks to sh*ty AMD. Think about the prices if Intel were the only manufacturer..

"Don't necessarily listen to tersagun,he's been advocating AMD systems,he thinks Intel sucks ass.."

mshea787

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2002
ya amd has had a big effect on the price but the only reason amd can even compete with intel is that their cpu's a practicly factory overclocked

JasonR

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2002
Crashman, I'm curious what problems you've been hearing with regard to the GA-8IEXP ? I've been seriously considering buying one and would appreciate a heads-up to any probs.

Cheers,
JasonR

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I can't recall, it was in here, three guys had similar problems to each other but I can't remember the details.

TRENDING THREADS