uber_m0j0

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2002
I've been hearing some bad reviews about Unreal 2. Mostly how short it is, less than 9 hours of game play.
One strong point is, obviously the uber graphics. Which right now is my main motivation for getting the game. But at $50, is it really worth it?

So I'm wondering what you who've played it think.
Thanks =)

~m0j0

Mortallus

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2003
I really enjoyed U2, despite several crashes to desktop and numerous EAX bugs. The game really is short, but it still provided a good deal of enjoyment.

The graphics were the best part of the game probably, and the sound was excellent as well, just dont turn EAX on....ever. I doubt I'll play through the whole game ever again, but I might replay some of the missions once in a while.

The game is short enough that if you play through it on easy, you probably wont get much satisfaction out of it. Try playing through it on Hard, or at least Normal. I tend to appreciate games more when they're extremely challenging. But that could just be me. =)

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
I like it, haven't finished it yet. So far, I'd rate it about an 8. CompUSA has the game on sale for $39.99 out here in California, so if you've got one near you, you might wanna check it out.

I want to move to space, so I can overclock processors cooled to absolute zero.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Depends on your videocard. If you have a GOOD videcard I would say try it out. It's not that great though, so don't set your sights too high.

...don't pay $50. Fine it for less. Does Costco have it yet??

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">If you were to have sex with your clone would that be considered incest or masturbation?</A></font color=red>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Depends on your videocard. If you have a GOOD videcard I would say try it out. It's not that great though, so don't set your sights too high.

...don't pay $50. Fine it for less. Does Costco have it yet??

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">If you were to have sex with your clone would that be considered incest or masturbation?</A></font color=red>

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
I like the original version MUCH better.

In battle Israel uses F-16's and big ass tanks, Palestine uses small children strapped to bombs. Which do you support?

lucasc

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2002
there is a patch specifically for the eax problems. go to the unreal II sight and go through the support section. that's the only thing it fixes so there's nothing else to the patch.
the game overall is much too scripted. one thing I loved about the original was it wass just you trying to fight through a ton of levels, no pointless characer development. also, why are there barley any good aliens in this? the skaarj appear breifly at the beginning and not until near the end do you get a new race. most of the time you're just fighting other humans. and the levels are too short. fantastic graphics but let us really experience them. not worth the full price, unfortunately.

"It's my sexy zoo and I can do whatever I want with it." - Frank O'Hara