REPOST: Opening Programs / Files / Folders

ShortFuse

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

"shortfuse@neo.rr.com" wrote:

> Recently everything I open, opens minimized. I would like
> everything to open in a full window maximized. How can I
> change this. I have tryed the folder options and it
> doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions???
> ..
> open your browser, then hold the pointer over the border of the window, one side at a time, until you see the double sided arrow. left-click and hold while you drag the border to the farthest egde of the screen. Thwn, close that window, using the 'red X' at the top left. The re-open it to see if it holds that setting.

Method #2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842923&Product=winxp

This didn't work but the web site worked on a few programs. The folders and files I can't seem to get to open the way I want and if I stretch them and close, they don't save views so they open minimized again.
Any Ideas????
Thanks in advance

Hi

Drag the window to the size you want - don't use Maximize - then close that
window by using File>Exit/Close.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User