San andreas and hitman blood money crash

engrpiman

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
Hi,

here is the problem about the time I upgraded to zone Alarm Security suite 7 i have been having this problem:

GTA san andreas and Hitman blood money crash at load. if i start GBPVR (my tv watching program) then start the game the game will load, no problem.

also other games like Age of mythology, Prey, and CS:S , Half life 2 will load and don't have this problem.

I have updated Directx and my Nvidia drivers nothing helps. i have also scanned my hard disk with spinrite and defraged it so i know the hard disk is not the problem.

PC spec:
NVIDIA 7900GT
ATI tv tuner 550 pro
520 W PSU
Pentium 4 550 (3.4Ghz)
2 SATA drives, 2 PATA drives
2 DVD drives
Creative soundblaster audigy 2 zs platinum
2 gigs of DDR2 533 RAM
windows XP Pro , SP2

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
What kind of a crash is it?

Does your system freeze?

Does your screen go black and not let you alt + tab?

Does your system show up a blue screen?

Does the game not even start up crashing before you even get anything in full screen mode?

Does your system crash back to desktop?

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
No that I had those issues playing the game with ZA but I remember that last SWAT game had an issue that froze it as a black screen on startup that meant a system reset. The problem was that the game was tryign to access the net or something but the ZA notify box wasn't appearing cos of the hang. Once I set the game to full access it worked away.

Now you're not totally clear on the crash you're getting IE are you able to boot the game or not but possibly ZA might be making a mess of it. The only way to know if it is ZA tho is to uninstall it and see if you still have issues.

engrpiman

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
by crash i get a dialog box the says "xxxxx" has crashed and do i want to report it. nothing else crashes .. and it is not so much of a crash as it is the game falling to load