isapnp Driver- ERROR CONTROL- Critical

I have tried to post about this problem I have with my computer but am certain I can not have done it properly so here it is again . In the ---- System Environment > System Drivers , is listed isapnp Driver which I think is a Microsoft ?system driver for Plug and Play mainboard . Name: isapnp , Description : PNP ISA/EISA , File: c:\windows\system , Type: Kernel driver , Started: Yes , State: Running , Status:OK , Error Control : Critical , Accept Pause: No , Accept Stop : Yes . I can not understand what the ERROR CONTROL: means and to see it listed as "critical" scares me because the computer crashes now and then with a report of a driver problem . I have submitted the error reports to Microsoft . The installation CD Rom has a blue Bic ballpoint pen ink spot on it 2mm across and between the edge of the CD and the hole , and I wonder if this spot has had an effect on the installation proccess , though the installation is reported as successful .
3 answers Last reply
More about isapnp driver error control critical

    Windows Could Not Start Because the Following File Is Missing or Corrupt: Isapnp.sys"
    Error Message at Startup
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315311&Product=winxp
    Explanation of error codes generated by Device Manager
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310123&Product=winxp

    You may think about a BIOS update as well.

    The below article is simply data, but it shows the connection between isapnp and PnP
    ISA/EISA
    WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL BOOT PROCESS
    http://www.saunalahti.fi/wpoet/fin/xpboot.txt

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/

    "Nicholas B" wrote:

    > I have tried to post about this problem I have with my computer but am certain I can not have done it properly so here it is again . In the ---- System Environment > System Drivers , is listed isapnp Driver which I think is a Microsoft ?system driver for Plug and Play mainboard . Name: isapnp , Description : PNP ISA/EISA , File: c:\windows\system , Type: Kernel driver , Started: Yes , State: Running , Status:OK , Error Control : Critical , Accept Pause: No , Accept Stop : Yes . I can not understand what the ERROR CONTROL: means and to see it listed as "critical" scares me because the computer crashes now and then with a report of a driver problem . I have submitted the error reports to Microsoft . The installation CD Rom has a blue Bic ballpoint pen ink spot on it 2mm across and between the edge of the CD and the hole , and I wonder if this spot has had an effect on the installation proccess , though the installation is reported as
    successful .

    I think the Error Control Critical has something to do with what the driver
    is doing . And I removed the ink spot with Methylated spirits and gentle
    rubbing , thanks

Microsoft Windows XP