AMD w/ddr333+agp8x+sATA... who makes it?

furikuri

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2002
I am currently putting together a set of gaming computers, but i find that the current set of AMD boards are missing some key tech right around the corner. My question is: when can i expect a board with ALL of the following features to be available.

AMD Processors
AGP 8x
DDR333+
USB 2.0
FireWire
Serial ATA
10/100/(1000) nic

If its more then a month away to this kind of board, i wouldnt wait, but im hoping something with these features is released soon. Thx in advance for any info =)

cableguy22

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
all those features available, except agp 8x...

if you don't need agp 8x the best mobo for your specs is Abit AT7 (same price as ASUS, but more features)

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
the coming nforce 2 chipset has firewire, usb2, and agp8x, sata is a while off still i think, its not that beneficial to games anyway.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

furikuri

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2002
Ok, it looks like nForce might be the ticket. Just have 2 concersns cropping up:

Is p4 now the be-all end all for high performance gaming (it seems to be swining that way, no matter how much i want to stick with AMD)

Would a dual proc machine make up the difference in performance? Are there good dual proc mobos out there for that have any/all of the features i need?

thanks )