MISSING DLL FILE

When I start up my computer I get a RUN DLL error message
saying that the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSA64CHK.dll
could not be found.

I can click OK and the message disappears and the
computer seems to be working OK. Can anyone tell me what
the file is and how I can get it back please.
2 answers Last reply
More about missing file

    Hi

    Try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your system:

    Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    CWShredder - http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

    Also see the following link:

    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    In article <2188901c45c22$8b2ca9a0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
    anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
    > When I start up my computer I get a RUN DLL error message
    > saying that the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSA64CHK.dll
    > could not be found.
    >
    > I can click OK and the message disappears and the
    > computer seems to be working OK. Can anyone tell me what
    > the file is and how I can get it back please.

    Sounds like spy ware...check here.
    http://www.2-spyware.com/file-msa64chk-dll.html

    download the tool and run it.

    File MSA64CHK.DLL removal:
    WARNING!!! File MSA64CHK.DLL is related to dialers. Your system is under
    security threat. We advice you to scan your computer and eliminate
    possible threats.
    download scanner and remover

Computers Microsoft Error Message DLL Windows XP