When I start up my computer I get a RUN DLL error message
saying that the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSA64CHK.dll
could not be found.

I can click OK and the message disappears and the
computer seems to be working OK. Can anyone tell me what
the file is and how I can get it back please.

Hi

Try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Also see the following link:

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

In article <2188901c45c22$8b2ca9a0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> When I start up my computer I get a RUN DLL error message
> saying that the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSA64CHK.dll
> could not be found.
>
> I can click OK and the message disappears and the
> computer seems to be working OK. Can anyone tell me what
> the file is and how I can get it back please.

Sounds like spy ware...check here.
http://www.2-spyware.com/file-msa64chk-dll.html

download the tool and run it.

File MSA64CHK.DLL removal:
WARNING!!! File MSA64CHK.DLL is related to dialers. Your system is under
security threat. We advice you to scan your computer and eliminate
possible threats.
download scanner and remover