Pavilion N5125 laptop power up problem

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
April 20, 2004 2:58:47 AM

This has been an ongoing problem with this laptop, and now I can
hardly get it to power up at all.

First, the AC/DC power adaptor jack in the back is very loose and the
power is lost intermittently when you move the jack around on the
receptacle.

Once the green power light does come on, you press the power switch
repeatedly to the left to turn the laptop on and nothing happens. Only
by the combination of wiggling the power adapter jack around while
pushing the power button repeatedly can you maybe get lucky and get it
to start up.

I was just wondering what else might be bad internally besides the
power adaptor jack. Possibly the connection to the power switch or the
switch itself? The AC/DC adaptor was replaced recently, so I'm pretty
sure that isn't the problem.

It appears it will need replacement parts, so I'm looking for
recommendations on where to find the applicable parts online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

-Gondo
Anonymous
a b α HP
a b D Laptop
April 20, 2004 2:46:55 PM

"Gondo" <nowingspaanspam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This has been an ongoing problem with this laptop, and now I can
> hardly get it to power up at all.
>
> First, the AC/DC power adaptor jack in the back is very loose and
the
> power is lost intermittently when you move the jack around on the
> receptacle.
>
> Once the green power light does come on, you press the power switch
> repeatedly to the left to turn the laptop on and nothing happens.
Only
> by the combination of wiggling the power adapter jack around while
> pushing the power button repeatedly can you maybe get lucky and get
it
> to start up.
>
> I was just wondering what else might be bad internally besides the
> power adaptor jack. Possibly the connection to the power switch or
the
> switch itself? The AC/DC adaptor was replaced recently, so I'm
pretty
> sure that isn't the problem.
>
> It appears it will need replacement parts, so I'm looking for
> recommendations on where to find the applicable parts online.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!
>
> -Gondo

http://www.hp.com and type in your system name or number and the
parts ordering page opens and there is all you will need.
If the part is not listed they give a toll free number to speak to a
live person.

The plug where the power adapter is inserted may be worn out of
shorted out or just broken. In that case you will need to have a
computer shop make the repair unless your good at repairing units
yourself.

Elector
April 20, 2004 8:54:41 PM

I have the exact same problem with mine. I could not get HP to respond to my
help request. I can repair it if I can get inside but I can't seem to track
down every screw that is keeping the case together. Good luck. It sounds
like a manufacturing problem or defect because I had the same problem with
my notebook and then its dock station. I think HP can be pathetic sometimes,
and this is one of those cases.

!