Top Ten PC Shooters to Watch for in 2007

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Every new year presents a gaggle of games to look forward to, just as we're recovering from our holiday season exertions. Here's a roundup of the top 10 shooters scheduled for release this year, from highly anticipated sequels like Enemy Territory: Quake Wars to brand new titles like Crysis.

GyRo567

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2005
STALKER, STALKER, STALKER, STALKER, Bio Shock, STALKER, STALKER, maybe Crysis, STALKER, STALKER, STALKER, Episode 2, STALKER, Enemy Territory, STALKER, STALKER, STALKER, STALKER...

celewign

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
STALKER, STALKER, STALKER, STALKER, Bio Shock, STALKER, STALKER, maybe Crysis, STALKER, STALKER, STALKER, Episode 2, STALKER, Enemy Territory, STALKER, STALKER, STALKER, STALKER...

:D You make me smile. I can't wait either. I expect 0% of my homework to get done upon release of said game. Same for UT07.
-cm

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Homework :?

I don’t know if I can last till March for stalker, I may just break in to a rage and try to storm their office for a copy. I mean how hard could it be, if I got a gang of five or six people. I don’t think they would have guns in their office so by sheer brute force alone we could get a copy within minuets and be back on a train to Scotland in no time 8)

Oh and on that note Rockstars head office is five minuets away from my house, anyone want to barge there way in to that place too for a look at GTA4? Don’t think it even has security guards by the looks of it, just a very nice looking secretary behind a very big desk :D

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Where's Duke Nukem???

By the way, hasn't UT2007 been renamed UT3?
A day after we published... I'll be stubborn and leave it that way. Let's me keep the Madden gag.

And good question, where is Duke Nukem? Ask the developers...

guruofchem

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
I am not the biggest shooter fan in the world, but Stalker sounds like it might be fun, and I have been looking forward to Bioshock for quite some time - System Shock 2 was a great game, and the customizations possible in Bioshock using the plasmids sound wicked cool.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
At this point, I will be surprised when(if)ever Duke Forever comes out. Its been such a part of the video game world for so long that I almost hope it never comes out. What will I have to look forward to after that? Can you imagine if a game that has been in development for like 10 years now ends up sucking??

As for the games mentioned in the article, I can't wait. Lately I have been getting more and more tempted to get an xbox360. It seems like its going to be the real 'gamers' console for this generation. For now I'll probably stick with my PC for the next month or so and see what happens. If the xbox starts to look less favorable, I may just pick up an R600 for my PC instead.

Oh and Hellgate: London sounds really cool. I hadn't heard anything about it for a while now, but I am looking forward to that one. I hope there isn't too much auto-aiming (kinda ruins FPSish games for me).

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What I think would be really, really, really great would be if Duke Nukem Forever was released, and it was the best game ever. Unlikely, but the amount of hat munching, in between bouts of excellent gameplay, would be amusing.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
You have made my dreams come true, calling it
U-R-E-A-L T-O-U-R-N-A-M-E-N-T 2-0-0-7!

THANK YOU! (I dispise UT3, sorry, but this is the 4th game technically to me, UT, UT2003, UT2004.. not counting what the consoles spit out)

Well I would've tied UT2007 and Crysis :p can't wait for those two.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Ah technicalities... it's amazing how much they affect our perceptions. That's kinda like how Windows XP pissed me off by not calling it windows 2k1 (or whenever it came out). I say either stick to a versioning system (1, 2, 2.1, 2.5, etc), or model years (95, 98, 2000), not both and certainly not random words (Vista) or, even worse, random letters (XP).

Cars and video cards are the worst. I hate how there are products with names like: GSX, TSX, RSX, GT, GTS, GTX, XT, PE, XL, GS, EL, ES, SE, ME, LX, etc. I don't mind if they really stand for something meaningful that lets you know more about the model, but come one, WTF does RSX stand for?? Racy sporty excellent?? Rasputin Sledgehammer Xylophone? How can you have a Grand Touring (GT, actually Gran Turismo I think) video card?