WOL on WRT54GS?

Hello,

Does somebody know if it's possible to tweak the firmware of the Linksys
WRT54GS with a WOL - Wake-on-lan - client so that I can wake up my
computers remotely?

I have 2 computers in my network that go into suspend mode after a few
hours idle time. I would like to log into my router remotely to wake up
these computers from time to time.

Trogie
2 answers Last reply
More about wrt54gs

    i think there is a cerain port you open for that. and that is all.
    awaiting the asnswer as well.
    it would be nice to go to a local web page and have it cause the computers
    to wake up.

    "Tom Rogie" <Tom@Rogie.be> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >

    > Does somebody know if it's possible to tweak the firmware of the Linksys
    > WRT54GS with a WOL - Wake-on-lan - client so that I can wake up my
    > computers remotely?
    >
    > I have 2 computers in my network that go into suspend mode after a few
    > hours idle time. I would like to log into my router remotely to wake up
    > these computers from time to time.
    >
    > Trogie

    Sorry to piggy-back on this OP, but I would like to know this very same
    thing. I have a WRT54G and the only solution I have is to use a Linksys
    LNE100TX ver. 5 NIC in Windows XP using the Windows 2000 drivers to permit
    something like wake-on-ping (the XP drivers seem to have dropped this
    option). This works OK with one of my machines, but the two other wired
    computes can only wake via a magic packet, which I have never been able to
    get to work through a router.

    Dave

    --
    ______________________________
    Remove "yourclothes" to reply directly.
    "Tom Rogie" <Tom@Rogie.be> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >

    > Does somebody know if it's possible to tweak the firmware of the Linksys
    > WRT54GS with a WOL - Wake-on-lan - client so that I can wake up my
    > computers remotely?
    >
    > I have 2 computers in my network that go into suspend mode after a few
    > hours idle time. I would like to log into my router remotely to wake up
    > these computers from time to time.
    >
    > Trogie

Wireless Computers Internet Wireless Networking