WOL on WRT54GS?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 30, 2004 3:22:30 PM

Hello,

Does somebody know if it's possible to tweak the firmware of the Linksys
WRT54GS with a WOL - Wake-on-lan - client so that I can wake up my
computers remotely?

I have 2 computers in my network that go into suspend mode after a few
hours idle time. I would like to log into my router remotely to wake up
these computers from time to time.

Trogie

More about : wol wrt54gs

July 31, 2004 2:22:35 AM

i think there is a cerain port you open for that. and that is all.
awaiting the asnswer as well.
it would be nice to go to a local web page and have it cause the computers
to wake up.

"Tom Rogie" <Tom@Rogie.be> wrote in message
> Hello,
>

> Does somebody know if it's possible to tweak the firmware of the Linksys
> WRT54GS with a WOL - Wake-on-lan - client so that I can wake up my
> computers remotely?
>
> I have 2 computers in my network that go into suspend mode after a few
> hours idle time. I would like to log into my router remotely to wake up
> these computers from time to time.
>
> Trogie
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 31, 2004 2:50:38 AM

Sorry to piggy-back on this OP, but I would like to know this very same
thing. I have a WRT54G and the only solution I have is to use a Linksys
LNE100TX ver. 5 NIC in Windows XP using the Windows 2000 drivers to permit
something like wake-on-ping (the XP drivers seem to have dropped this
option). This works OK with one of my machines, but the two other wired
computes can only wake via a magic packet, which I have never been able to
get to work through a router.

Dave

--
Remove "yourclothes" to reply directly.