Need help, what are top Online Multiplayer FPS currently

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
With at least 20 players per map.

Will be upgrading my computer soon, and the only thing I could play was Star Wars Battlefront. Looking forward to playing somewhat new games!

thanks

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
Anybody play online FPS? I want to play some fun ones and not waste time and effort on the less than stellar ones.

I don't mind older games if they are supported by a large online community (can't stand going to empty servers).

I like team based and not 1 shot 1 kill (unless you are a sniper or something).

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
-Battlefield 2 (Up to 64 players)
-Battlefield 2142 (same, except titan, 48, I wouldn't advise joining a 64 man titan server)
Counter Strike Source

And looks out for upcoming games soon:
UT2007 (I refuse to call it UT3!)
Crysis
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

I still play some UT2004, great graphics and fun.

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
-Battlefield 2142 (same, except titan, 48, I wouldn't advise joining a 64 man titan server)
Counter Strike Source

Crysis

Crysis is going to be multiplayer? I was under the impression that it was more of a single player focus, with limited multiplayer.

Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2142? Which do you prefer?

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Battle Field 2142 is the better, but Battle Field 2 is still worth a good look in. Battle Field 2 is good for military play style game that makes for some very good clan matches. Battle Field 2142 is better when playing with out a clan as it is far more action packed and has a much faster pace. Still I loved the choppers in Battle Field 2, hey you might get me to start playing the games again :roll:

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Counter Strike Source

Crysis

Crysis is going to be multiplayer? I was under the impression that it was more of a single player focus, with limited multiplayer.

Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2142? Which do you prefer?

Crysis is being published by EA, and there will be in-game ads, like battlefield 2142. http://incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2959
Cevat wrote:
In Multiplayer there is a range of gadgets also available to help your team to win. Portable radars, repair equipment, electronic lock-picks and alien devices are all available but must be earned through the reward system.

As for liking either bf2 or 2142, I feel as though bf2 slightly better, but still imbalanced (jets), 2142 has a bit more balance, but the maps feel bland after a while (same color schemes (either snow covered or orangish desert, buildings the same).

That's why I play ut2k4 and other games, I don't get bored so fast.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006

Crysis is actually going to have a big multiplayer mode that will support more than 30 players. It's supposed to have some sick customization, too. I played two demo versions of Crysis, but both were single player so I haven't had the pleasure yet.

As for other FPS multiplayer games, I'll second Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 2. Two others I'll throw out:

F.E.A.R., though I'm not sure how many players it can support. Plus, the multiplayer combat version doesn't have the "fear" factor (pun intended) of the single player campaign with all the spooky moments.

Resistance: Fall of Man. I'm just saying, if you're into the console thing and all, RFoM is a good choice for multiplayer action. Up to 40 players at one time with no lag or glitches or interruptions is pretty awesome.

Blacken

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
BF2 is always my top pick for FPS.
CSS close second. Real fun playing Dust2 with 58 people. Don't forget to look over your shoulder.