"doink noise" when finalizing Windows XP load

Everything seems to work fine, but I get this doink sound
at the final load of windows, is it telling me i have an
error somewhere? Everything seems to work fine!
2 answers Last reply
More about doink noise finalizing windows load

    It's just a "doink". If Windows is working, as you say, "fine", ignore it.
    You can go to "Control Panel" >Sounds and configure whatever sounds you
    want. I use "None". It's up to you.

    LOL, JAX

    "dealsndone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Everything seems to work fine, but I get this doink sound
    > at the final load of windows, is it telling me i have an
    > error somewhere? Everything seems to work fine!

    Hi,

    Yep, that's what it means: Something loading at startup is getting an error.
    See if this helps pinpoint it:

    How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP [Q310560]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "dealsndone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Everything seems to work fine, but I get this doink sound
    > at the final load of windows, is it telling me i have an
    > error somewhere? Everything seems to work fine!

Microsoft Windows XP