Caution with unl network plans: great plans, but use the 1..

The dr shares some customer feedback on a warning about charges when using
an aircard 555D and the $79.00 unl access package. Be careful, when you
"connect" a warning encourages you to try QNC instead to avoid charges. But
remember that you have a plan, and the 1x is your package, as the QNC will
be .25/min unless you have voice minutes to draw from. dr.

The rest of the story: When he connects to 1x, he gets a warning charges may
apply. He is given the option to connect to QNC instead, and no such
warning given about charges. That seems easy enough?

But, since he has a plan, when he connects to 1x, it is included (FREE).
When he connects to QNC, it deducts from his voice minutes, but since he
does not have any voice minutes on this plan, he is charged .25 a minute.
Just the opposite of the warning and has confused more than one customer.
The fix: educate the customer.

The "nit", when he connected at 1x it was included; when he connected at
QNC, he was charged. So, in effect, by following the warning messages, he
was charged more for less. Go Figure...

--
Dr. wireMORE (don't accept "less", demand "more")
Wireless Consultant/Engineer & Midwest VZW Master Agent

If you need specific help, leave your email address & we'll try to contact
you.

The warnings can very easily be turned off in the setup.

The warnings are also just that warnings - advisories..

"Dr.wireMORE" <Dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote in message news:QH5mc.755$Ma2.98@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com...
> The dr shares some customer feedback on a warning about charges when using
> an aircard 555D and the $79.00 unl access package. Be careful, when you
> "connect" a warning encourages you to try QNC instead to avoid charges. But
> remember that you have a plan, and the 1x is your package, as the QNC will
> be .25/min unless you have voice minutes to draw from. dr.
>
> The rest of the story: When he connects to 1x, he gets a warning charges may
> apply. He is given the option to connect to QNC instead, and no such
> warning given about charges. That seems easy enough?
>
> But, since he has a plan, when he connects to 1x, it is included (FREE).
> When he connects to QNC, it deducts from his voice minutes, but since he
> does not have any voice minutes on this plan, he is charged .25 a minute.
> Just the opposite of the warning and has confused more than one customer.
> The fix: educate the customer.
>
> The "nit", when he connected at 1x it was included; when he connected at
> QNC, he was charged. So, in effect, by following the warning messages, he
> was charged more for less. Go Figure...
>
> --
> Dr. wireMORE (don't accept "less", demand "more")
> Wireless Consultant/Engineer & Midwest VZW Master Agent
> Data, wi-fi, national access, smartphones, and home
> computer healthchecks, stop worrying... just ask for the Dr.
>
> If you need specific help, leave your email address & we'll try to contact
> you.

Was the warning in conjunction with being on an "Extended" ( IOW: not
Verizon ) network?
Or is that the standard message that pops up everytime?

Scotty

Scott Nelson - Wash DC wrote:
> Was the warning in conjunction with being on an "Extended" ( IOW: not
> Verizon ) network?
> Or is that the standard message that pops up everytime?

It's a standard message and part of the VZW firmware download
for the phone. They should probably change that going forward.

-Quick