Hi. I just got ftp running under winXP. I can access the PC from a mac or
other PC, and the PC running winXP will see the ftp session, including the
IP address of the machine accessing it. However, when I send the "pwd"
command to see what directory I'm in, it returns "/". I cannot change the
directory to the c: directory. Using "cd c:", it returns a message about
incorrect syntax. If I send "cd c", it says it cannot find the directory or
file. It seems to respond to help queries, but I can't "put" or "get" files.
Any ideas on how to get ftp to operate properly? I got it running using
IIS under "Add/Remove Windows Components" in "Add/Remove
Programs". I selected FTP in the "Details" section under IIS. Thanks

Hey neuhart,

Try using a 3rd party ftp program for the job you're trying to do. There are
many 3rd party applications on the market for ftp purposes. For example,
FlashFXP http://www.flashfxp.com/

Best of luck!

Jose Francisco
Owner of BetaConnect - Providing you a new way in technology
Still got problems? Email me!
chicofar at onvol dot com