Sign in with
Your question

BF 2142 and Vista *Bugs

Last response: in Video Games
February 2, 2007 12:03:03 PM

BF 2142 will not play on my Vista Ult x64 . Anyone else having problems?
I crash to desktop during map-load.

ty

More about : 2142 vista bugs

February 3, 2007 6:33:46 PM

I have VISTA 32bit and everything works fine except punk buster keeps kicking me with the error "punkbuster". It is extremely annoying! I have a windows XP hard drive I swap out for when I want to play BF2142.
February 12, 2007 1:33:46 AM

No problems. Looking forward to getting a couple more unlocks tonight.

For Punkbuster, right-click, run game as an administrator. It'll fix your problem right quick.

My only issue, and I'm not sure if it was programmed this way or not, but I can't hear my enemies movements. Could be the guy just snuck up on me, but I don't think so. I'm used to, from another game, to hearing my opponent's foot movement. Kept listening for that instead of realizing I had to use my own eyes.
Related resources
February 12, 2007 11:53:27 AM

Quote:

My only issue, and I'm not sure if it was programmed this way or not, but I can't hear my enemies movements. Could be the guy just snuck up on me, but I don't think so. I'm used to, from another game, to hearing my opponent's foot movement. Kept listening for that instead of realizing I had to use my own eyes.

I hate that about bf2142, I'm used to Call of Duty 2 where you can rely on your hearing alone to tell where enemies are. I've been snuck up on and killed a few times, then though WTF why couldn't I hear him comming...

Oh well, it's also like. In CoD 2 when you go prone in a direction you can't spin around and look everywhere, you gotta stand up and get back into prone to change the direction your looking. Well in bf2142 you can go prone and spin in circles.

It's still tons of fun though :D 
February 13, 2007 7:58:19 PM

Makes me open my eyes a bit more, look around, and such. Probably helps in the long run, but it's still annoying. Kind of fun to know that if I see a guy sneak around a corner I can just run up to him and sneak attack as long as I don't shoot. Then again, this could all be an audio function that needs to be turned on, not quite sure.

For spinning around and such, I kind of figured it would be easier to just show a character spinning, instead of doing something like rolling and repositioning.
March 3, 2007 11:16:38 PM

I'm also running bf 2142 and at first it wouldnt work, you need to disable User Account Control (UAC), I cant remember how but just search disbale UAC or User account control and you'll find out how
March 5, 2007 11:19:05 AM

Quote:
Then again, this could all be an audio function that needs to be turned on, not quite sure.

I would hope so. A modern FPS not having positional audio would be outrageous. Still, we are talking about Battlefarce, so you never know...
!