fireclaw-werbear-druid report

Last response: in Video Games
January 2, 2005 3:12:56 AM

After leveling that guy to 76 in NM I took him to hell. Main attack is
fireclaw, backup skill is maul. His only companion is a defensive merc.

Act1 was very easy. Every non-fire-immune monster died in 1-2 (successful)
hits, the others in about 4 hits. No real problems in the entire act.
The only problem are ranged attackers. Surprisingly he interrupts his attack
if a missile is hitting him. Many missiles means stunlock. That's anoying.

Act2 was a bit tricky due to many fire immune archers (see above). But it
was similar to act1. 1-2 hits killed every non-fire-immune monster. The
hardest part was the snake temple. Those damn mumies deal heavy damage of
whatever kind (magic?) and they are fire/magic immune too.
After putting on Nature peace, life was much easier!

In Arcane Sanctuary I had double luck:
- The first branch I tried was the correct one.
- The summoner dropped Demon Limb. With enchant my attack rating jumps from
10000 to 15000 :o )

So far 2 things were absolut necessary for this build:
- IAS (90% on weapon, 30% on helm, 20% on amu)
- Faster hit recovery (43% on helm, 20% on armor, 12% on gc). More would be
helpful.

Some stats:
resistances: 75/72/85/80 + cold/lightning absorb.
~64% block chance
~87% hit chance
9050 defense with defensive merc
~1700 life
~5000 damage (fire claws)
~1200 damage (maul)

I'll report the rest when I've done it ;)

Walt
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 2:34:49 PM

"Walt" <wbecke[no-spam}@gmx.at> skrev i en meddelelse
> After leveling that guy to 76 in NM I took him to hell. Main attack is
> fireclaw, backup skill is maul. His only companion is a defensive merc.
>
> Act1 was very easy. Every non-fire-immune monster died in 1-2 (successful)
> hits, the others in about 4 hits. No real problems in the entire act.
> The only problem are ranged attackers. Surprisingly he interrupts his
> attack
> if a missile is hitting him. Many missiles means stunlock. That's anoying.
>
> Act2 was a bit tricky due to many fire immune archers (see above). But it
> was similar to act1. 1-2 hits killed every non-fire-immune monster. The
> hardest part was the snake temple. Those damn mumies deal heavy damage of
> whatever kind (magic?) and they are fire/magic immune too.
> After putting on Nature peace, life was much easier!
>
> In Arcane Sanctuary I had double luck:
> - The first branch I tried was the correct one.
> - The summoner dropped Demon Limb. With enchant my attack rating jumps
> from
> 10000 to 15000 :o )
>
> So far 2 things were absolut necessary for this build:
> - IAS (90% on weapon, 30% on helm, 20% on amu)
> - Faster hit recovery (43% on helm, 20% on armor, 12% on gc). More would
> be
> helpful.
>
> Some stats:
> resistances: 75/72/85/80 + cold/lightning absorb.
> ~64% block chance
> ~87% hit chance
> 9050 defense with defensive merc
> ~1700 life
> ~5000 damage (fire claws)
> ~1200 damage (maul)
>
> I'll report the rest when I've done it ;)
>
> Walt

Can you please tell us your gear setup (with sockets) and stats? I´ve never
yet played a werebear - in fact I think it´s the only char I haven´t done
yet. I cancelled a lvl 10 bear when 1.10 arrived and haven´t gotten around
to him again.

Cheers and happy new year

Zod
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 3:50:27 PM

> Can you please tell us your gear setup (with sockets) and stats? I´ve
never
> yet played a werebear - in fact I think it´s the only char I haven´t done
> yet. I cancelled a lvl 10 bear when 1.10 arrived and haven´t gotten around
> to him again.
>
> Cheers and happy new year
>
> Zod

My aim was to find a build that could use Aldur's Set. This is the second
try and, as you can see, it works pretty well.

Items:
Aldur's Helm (2x 15 IAS jewel)
Aldur's Weapon (3x SHAEL)
Aldur's Armor (SHAEL)
Aldur's Boots
Head Hunter's Glory (2 sockets, 2 PD)
Highlords Wrath (with that IAS you need only one 15IAS jewel in Helm)
Ravenfrost
Nature Peace
Thundergods Vigor
Venom Grip
Charms: life, FHR, resistances, 1 shapeshifter

Skills (lvl79):
20 fireclaws
20 firestorm
20 molten bolder
10 lycantrophy
10 werbear
6 maul

Stats (excl. items):
115 str (for armor)
191 dex (for high block chance, maybe not the best idea -> check Orchid's
post)
164 vitality
base energy

That results in maximum possible attack speed, maxed resistances,
cold/lightning absorb, 4000+ defense, 1700+ life, 11000+ attack rating, 64%
chance to block, 5000+ damage with fireclaws, 1200+ damage with maul.

Merc = Defensive Merc from normal. With him I get 9000+ defense.

No pets or sages.

Walt
January 2, 2005 7:10:52 PM

>> Can you please tell us your gear setup (with sockets) and stats? I´ve
> never
>> yet played a werebear - in fact I think it´s the only char I haven´t done
>> yet. I cancelled a lvl 10 bear when 1.10 arrived and haven´t gotten
>> around
>> to him again.
>>
>> Cheers and happy new year
>>
>> Zod
>>

> My aim was to find a build that could use Aldur's Set. This is the second
> try and, as you can see, it works pretty well.
>
> Items:
> Aldur's Helm (2x 15 IAS jewel)
> Aldur's Weapon (3x SHAEL)
> Aldur's Armor (SHAEL)
> Aldur's Boots
> Head Hunter's Glory (2 sockets, 2 PD)
> Highlords Wrath (with that IAS you need only one 15IAS jewel in Helm)
> Ravenfrost
> Nature Peace
> Thundergods Vigor
> Venom Grip
> Charms: life, FHR, resistances, 1 shapeshifter
>
> Skills (lvl79):
> 20 fireclaws
> 20 firestorm
> 20 molten bolder
> 10 lycantrophy
> 10 werbear
> 6 maul
>
> Stats (excl. items):
> 115 str (for armor)
> 191 dex (for high block chance, maybe not the best idea -> check Orchid's
> post)
> 164 vitality
> base energy
>
> That results in maximum possible attack speed, maxed resistances,
> cold/lightning absorb, 4000+ defense, 1700+ life, 11000+ attack rating,
> 64%
> chance to block, 5000+ damage with fireclaws, 1200+ damage with maul.
>
> Merc = Defensive Merc from normal. With him I get 9000+ defense.
>
> No pets or sages.
>
> Walt

Thanks - I may have to try this out :o )

Hmm - need to trade for the armor ....

Cheers
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 7:37:19 PM

"Walt" <wbecke[no-spam}@gmx.at> wrote:

> After leveling that guy to 76 in NM I took him to hell. Main attack is
> fireclaw, backup skill is maul. His only companion is a defensive merc.
>
> Act1 was very easy. Every non-fire-immune monster died in 1-2 (successful)
> hits, the others in about 4 hits.

Uberness. :-)

> No real problems in the entire act.
> The only problem are ranged attackers. Surprisingly he interrupts his attack
> if a missile is hitting him. Many missiles means stunlock. That's anoying.

I was surprised to hear this until I saw that you listed "chance to
block". Are you using a shield? With a shield, I think you're always
going to get hitlocked by something. I hate using shields with any build
except a javazon or paladin.

> Act2 was a bit tricky due to many fire immune archers (see above). But it
> was similar to act1. 1-2 hits killed every non-fire-immune monster. The
> hardest part was the snake temple. Those damn mumies deal heavy damage of
> whatever kind (magic?) and they are fire/magic immune too.
> After putting on Nature peace, life was much easier!
>
> In Arcane Sanctuary I had double luck:
> - The first branch I tried was the correct one.
> - The summoner dropped Demon Limb. With enchant my attack rating jumps from
> 10000 to 15000 :o )

That's incredible AR. I'm guessing you never miss. ;-)

> So far 2 things were absolut necessary for this build:
> - IAS (90% on weapon, 30% on helm, 20% on amu)
> - Faster hit recovery (43% on helm, 20% on armor, 12% on gc). More would be
> helpful.
>
> Some stats:
> resistances: 75/72/85/80 + cold/lightning absorb.
> ~64% block chance
> ~87% hit chance
> 9050 defense with defensive merc
> ~1700 life
> ~5000 damage (fire claws)
> ~1200 damage (maul)
>
> I'll report the rest when I've done it ;)

I'll be waiting to hear. :-)

Shari
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 7:37:20 PM

> I was surprised to hear this until I saw that you listed "chance to
> block". Are you using a shield? With a shield, I think you're always
> going to get hitlocked by something. I hate using shields with any build
> except a javazon or paladin.

Aha, that could be an explanation. But what would you use with aldurs weapon
(one handed)? My aim is to use that set and to finish the game... I use Head
Hunter's Glory. It pumps up my resists, my defense and the defense against
missiles. I thought it is a good idea.

[...]

> > In Arcane Sanctuary I had double luck:
> > - The first branch I tried was the correct one.
> > - The summoner dropped Demon Limb. With enchant my attack rating jumps
from
> > 10000 to 15000 :o )
>
> That's incredible AR. I'm guessing you never miss. ;-)

I put lots into dex. I think it is at 280 now -> high block.

Walt
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 10:20:04 PM

> I thought you had wimped out like the rest of AGD and started playing
> something else.
>
> desktop at home dot se

Not really. Just opened a new account: inzaire1102

:o )

Cu online
Walt
January 2, 2005 10:45:55 PM

Walt wrote:
>> I thought you had wimped out like the rest of AGD and started playing
>> something else.
>>
> Not really. Just opened a new account: inzaire1102

Sounds familiar. Playing a necro on desktop4se. :-D

>> o)
>
> Cu online
> Walt

Good to know there's someone trustworthy to help me mule my Jah + Ber rune.
(when they drop...)

desktop at home dot se
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 1:35:15 AM

> Good to know there's someone trustworthy to help me mule my Jah + Ber
rune.
> (when they drop...)
>
> desktop at home dot se

Just let me know when you need help :)

Walt
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 4:53:24 PM

"Walt" <wbecke[no-spam}@gmx.at> wrote:

> > I was surprised to hear this until I saw that you listed "chance to
> > block". Are you using a shield? With a shield, I think you're always
> > going to get hitlocked by something. I hate using shields with any build
> > except a javazon or paladin.
> >

> Aha, that could be an explanation. But what would you use with aldurs weapon
> (one handed)?

I guess there's no choice but to use a shield when one is using Aldur's
set (I hadn't recalled that you were using one). Try to find a shield
with fastest possible blocking (Whitstan's is pretty good but perhaps a
Moser's as well? It's been so long since I played with shields that I've
forgotten the stats.) This won't stop the block-locking but it'll reduce
the duration of it.

> My aim is to use that set and to finish the game... I use Head
> Hunter's Glory. It pumps up my resists, my defense and the defense against
> missiles. I thought it is a good idea.
>

> [...]
>
> > > In Arcane Sanctuary I had double luck:
> > > - The first branch I tried was the correct one.
> > > - The summoner dropped Demon Limb. With enchant my attack rating jumps
> from
> > > 10000 to 15000 :o )
> >
> > That's incredible AR. I'm guessing you never miss. ;-)
> >

> I put lots into dex. I think it is at 280 now -> high block.

This is one difference I think in how I'd build him. I'd watch the AR,
for certain, but I'd put as little into dex as possible so there
wouldn't be high blocking (and therefore less block-lock...I think).

Shari
!