Linksys Wireless Camera (WVC11B)

I am thinking about getting this camera for use in my home. I do have
a couple questions that I couldn't seem to find the answers to, was
hoping someone would be kind enough to help me out!

1. I understand you can use the SoloLink DDNS Service to view the
camera images/video over the web, but I have my own web site (hosted
by another company), and was wondering if the camera can be configured
to post to my web site? Or in order to view images outside on the
Internet (as opposed to inside my wireless network) do you HAVE to use
the SoloLink service?

2. If the answer to #1 is yes, what is the cost of the SoloLink DDNS
Service per month after your free trial is over?

Thanks in advance!
2 answers Last reply
More about linksys wireless camera wvc11b

    globring@hotmail.com (Greg) wrote:

    >1. I understand you can use the SoloLink DDNS Service to view the
    >camera images/video over the web, but I have my own web site (hosted
    >by another company), and was wondering if the camera can be configured
    >to post to my web site? Or in order to view images outside on the
    >Internet (as opposed to inside my wireless network) do you HAVE to use
    >the SoloLink service?

    No. You don't understand what the Sololink service is designed to do. All it
    does it activate a little piece of software in your camer that reports your main
    dynamic IP address to a central server. You can then access your camera by name
    instead of IP address. There are alternative services, some of them free that do
    the same thing.

    You can put a link on your current web site, or just connect to the camera
    directly. If your camera is behind a router, you will need to configure the
    router to forward properly.

    you may be disapointed in the quality of the camera

    "Clark W. Griswold, Jr." <73115 dot 1041 at compuserve dot com> wrote in
    message news:7blkg01svv4r3nk2ho4pidkg6bovdtc4u8@4ax.com...
    > globring@hotmail.com (Greg) wrote:
    >
    > >1. I understand you can use the SoloLink DDNS Service to view the
    > >camera images/video over the web, but I have my own web site (hosted
    > >by another company), and was wondering if the camera can be configured
    > >to post to my web site? Or in order to view images outside on the
    > >Internet (as opposed to inside my wireless network) do you HAVE to use
    > >the SoloLink service?
    > >

    > No. You don't understand what the Sololink service is designed to do. All
    it
    > does it activate a little piece of software in your camer that reports
    your main
    > dynamic IP address to a central server. You can then access your camera by
    name
    > instead of IP address. There are alternative services, some of them free
    that do
    > the same thing.
    >
    > You can put a link on your current web site, or just connect to the camera
    > directly. If your camera is behind a router, you will need to configure
    the
    > router to forward properly.

Wireless Cameras Internet Wireless Networking