Audio Device

I reinstalled by Windows XP the program identified by new hardware for the audio device, but when I played a sound, I got the error message, no audio device, code 28. I have been working on this problem for two days now, still not able to find the location of the drivers. My hope is, you would be able to help me.
Thank you.
--
In all things, give thanks.
1 answer Last reply

    You'll need to reinstall the soundcard drivers for XP. They are probably on a
    utility disk, maintenance disk, Driver disk or Soundblaster disk that came with
    your PC when you purchased it. Check for an audio device here:
    Start/rightclick My Computer/Manage/Device Manager/Sounds, audio, etc.
    See if there is a yellow question mark there indicating a problem. If you do not
    have disks for your soundcard, go to below website and download a free one:
    Sound Card Drivers (sound drivers,audio drivers,soundcard,drivers
    http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/

    "Skywriter" wrote:

    > I reinstalled by Windows XP the program identified by new hardware for the audio device, but when I played a sound, I got the error message, no audio device, code 28. I have been working on this problem for two days now, still not able to find the location of the drivers. My hope is, you would be able to help me.
    > Thank you.
    > --
    > In all things, give thanks.

Audio Devices Windows XP