Total: 12 votes

• Yes
  • 50 %
  • No
  • 50 %
  • I play Condition Zero insted
  • 0 %
February 4, 2007 8:59:42 AM

Well to start this is my first post! Im going to get a PS3 no matter what! I mean if I get a Xbox 360 im gonna have to buy a load of new games! It will be a seperat box! I have a load of PS2 games that wont work on the 360. And the PS3 plays blue ray and the online gaming is free! the 360 you need a seperate box for HDDVD and you have to pay for the online gaming! Im a huge PC fan and I love Counter Strike Source (that would be cool on the PS3!) (iPope is my name on CS source so if you see me say hi) but im totaly psyched about March 23.
Plz reply

More about : ps3

February 5, 2007 3:50:26 PM

well, at least you won't have trouble finding one. I've been calling my local Best Buys every day for 2 weeks trying to get a Wii. I keep seeing PS3's all the time. before anyone mentions it, I have gift certificates to use, so that's my only choice of retailer. Enjoy the PS3, hope you have an expensive TV to fully experience the graphics.
February 5, 2007 6:18:30 PM

well first of all the orginal topic/thread/poll does not make any kind of sense,

Quote:
hope you have an expensive TV to fully experience the graphics.

HDTV's are not expensive and if you can afford a ps3 you should be able to get a hdtv if not have one already amd at the very least can hook it up to your monitor. So much for your "hope"
Related resources
February 5, 2007 6:48:20 PM

yup i have a 42 inch plasma hd! it will rock but im in the uk so its out on the 23rd of march! So im waiting and its killing me!
February 5, 2007 6:52:29 PM

so what is so good about the wii anyway! i mean it looks fun but it seems to get a bit boring. but the internet looks cool!
February 5, 2007 6:53:38 PM

are you kidding me? HDTV's not expensive? well, I guess if I bought a CRT HDTV you might be right. my last TV (28"? CRT), cost around $400 canadian 5 years ago or so. The PS3 console costs more than that now, never mind a decent flat panel TV. The "mid-range" of LCD tv's these days seem to be in the 40-45" range if I'm to believe marketing, but they are usually looking for $1k+ canadian for a known brand name.

I have a hard time paying over 2x as much for a new TV which is not even close to twice as large a viewable screen.

edit: you've had enough Wii exposure to get bored of it? I could see myself playing just the demo games (wii sports) for a long while before getting bored. :)  Man I LOVE the boxing.
February 5, 2007 11:16:35 PM

Quote:
so what is so good about the wii anyway! i mean it looks fun but it seems to get a bit boring. but the internet looks cool!

Isn't that what the Wii was built for? For fun?

Of course, all games will get boring if you keep playing over and over, but with the titles available for the Wii now, and even those coming up, it looks like a decent console.

The PS3s main issue with me, and this is only my opinion, is that it was too freaking expensive. Yes, you can say Blu-ray, but I don't need a Blu-ray player, and without an HD capable TV, I've read some pretty scathing reviews on the PS3's low res capablities.

I frankly would rather have a gaming console for gaming. I have a DVD player, I don't need another one. I have an HTPC, so the internet is a nice feature, but not really a must have for me.

Right now, the Wii is a better choice for me. I've played games on it at friend's homes, and yes, I am a bit jealous. Everyone I know that has a PS3 isn't disappointed, but they don't rave about it as much as the Wii folks do.

Again, this is just my $.02
March 8, 2007 8:16:27 PM

Yup the PS3 is just too expensive and I dont think anyones in a hurry to buy one. To the OP sorry to burst your bubble but not all PS2 games will play on PS3. Again I think the Wii kicks ass. It is a cool, fun and very affordable console.

PS: Wii RULES :twisted:
March 13, 2007 12:52:31 PM

Quote:
Well to start this is my first post! Im going to get a PS3 no matter what! I mean if I get a Xbox 360 im gonna have to buy a load of new games! It will be a seperat box! I have a load of PS2 games that wont work on the 360. And the PS3 plays blue ray and the online gaming is free! the 360 you need a seperate box for HDDVD and you have to pay for the online gaming! Im a huge PC fan and I love Counter Strike Source (that would be cool on the PS3!) (iPope is my name on CS source so if you see me say hi) but im totaly psyched about March 23.
Plz reply

If you have a PS2... you can already play PS2 games...

get an xbox 360 instead for extreme gaming. Better games, same graphics. With the money you save, you can buy a bunch of extra games or the HD DVD (although I never use a console for DVDs... just wait till prices of the stand alone units come down - which they will).

Plus - Blue Ray or HDDVD?? Which format will win? Don't care, and don't want to waste my money finding out. I can wait a year or two to see how it all pans out.

I go PC for extreme gaming, Wii for mindless fun... and if I had to pick a console between PS3 and Xbox 360... I'd go 360.

Enoy your PS3 though.
March 17, 2007 6:41:20 PM

ps3s look amazing on sdtvs as well, u do not NEED a hdtv, but and hdtv makes it a lot better
!