User Accounts...:messed up:

aladdin

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2004

Whenever i click on User Accounts (in Control Panel), it
always gives me this error, "The filename, directory
name, or volume label syntax is incorrect". I have no
idea what that means. If any of you seem to recognize
this...plz reply
Thanks
Adam

Vagans

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2004

"Aladdin" wrote:

> Whenever i click on User Accounts (in Control Panel), it
> always gives me this error, "The filename, directory
> name, or volume label syntax is incorrect". I have no
> idea what that means. If any of you seem to recognize
> this...plz reply
> Thanks
> Adam

It would seem that you may have a corrupted file.
It might be worth running your installation disk so that it can write over any files that are corrupted.

The easiest way to fix corrupt/missing OS files is to Click Start / Run / cmd.exe / ok

Then type

sfc /scannow

Make sure you have your install disk available, this should solve your problems

hope that helps

Ashleigh