Sign in with
Your question

wow

Last response: in Video Games
February 5, 2007 3:06:28 PM

wow this is pretty interesting. i am addicted to a certain degree, because i play the game and i have no idea y i do so at times. the game is fun with friends and other peps you meet to help you and such. but in my opinon this game is rather addicting. contradict me all you want im not agree with someone im just stating my own opinion. well i do believe i have said a fair bit.

Question: is this a controversial issue you can argue your opinion about to your teacher if so im doing a paper on it for history?

More about : wow

February 5, 2007 4:11:48 PM

Hint: try learning the difference between "reply" and "new topic" :roll:
February 6, 2007 6:08:37 PM

What the Llama was trying to say is that there is an extensive thread on this very topic already in the forum. It would be a good idea to find it, read it, and make a decision for yourself about the addictive properties of WoW. My personal viewpoint is that the game is not addictive in the strictest physical sense (which would require that certain changes take place in the physiology of the WoW player, resulting in withdrawal symptoms if the game is denied them), but does have certain psychological or social addictive properties. Anyway, you read the thread and make your own call - good luck!
February 7, 2007 5:29:38 PM

Quote:
My personal viewpoint is that the game is not addictive in the strictest physical sense (which would require that certain changes take place in the physiology of the WoW player, resulting in withdrawal symptoms if the game is denied them)...

There are physiological and psychological addictions. Heroin has the former, marijuana is the later. WoW is of the later type, but it is not addictive to everyone.
!