nation wide plan

We are considering the americas choice or the nationwide plan. Will be
travelling in recreational vehicle from Florida to TN and on to Branson,
then to forest City IA, and to St. Paul, MN. I realize that there is a $10
charge for going into Canada with the nationwide plan but it is not
available in Amerias Choice. What has been your experience with availability
in the areas that I have mentioned? TIA

There is another plan called North American Choice that includes parts of
Canada. It provides U.S. coverage in the same places that America's Choice
does, but it includes parts of Canada. The downside is that there is no
unlimited nights and weekends and the included minutes are less. You do get
more time than the nationwide plan though.

Jim

"Monroe Ruda" <monty5@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> We are considering the americas choice or the nationwide plan. Will be
> travelling in recreational vehicle from Florida to TN and on to Branson,
> then to forest City IA, and to St. Paul, MN. I realize that there is a $10
> charge for going into Canada with the nationwide plan but it is not
> available in Amerias Choice. What has been your experience with
availability
> in the areas that I have mentioned? TIA

Not sure what it's like today, but 2 yrs ago, Forest City, Iowa was analog
and ate my battery like mad!!!

"Monroe Ruda" <monty5@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> We are considering the americas choice or the nationwide plan. Will be
> travelling in recreational vehicle from Florida to TN and on to Branson,
> then to forest City IA, and to St. Paul, MN. I realize that there is a $10
> charge for going into Canada with the nationwide plan but it is not
> available in Amerias Choice. What has been your experience with
availability
> in the areas that I have mentioned? TIA

TN has excellent VZW coverage.

"dg" <dg@isp.net> wrote in message
> Not sure what it's like today, but 2 yrs ago, Forest City, Iowa was analog
> and ate my battery like mad!!!
>
> "Monroe Ruda" <monty5@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > We are considering the americas choice or the nationwide plan. Will be
> > travelling in recreational vehicle from Florida to TN and on to Branson,
> > then to forest City IA, and to St. Paul, MN. I realize that there is a
$10
> > charge for going into Canada with the nationwide plan but it is not
> > available in Amerias Choice. What has been your experience with
> availability
> > in the areas that I have mentioned? TIA

I drive a tour bus and travel all over the place. I have the AC plan and I
have paid under $10 in roaming fees in two years. I think you will be
serviceable areas most of time.

Monroe Ruda wrote:
> We are considering the americas choice or the nationwide plan. Will be
> travelling in recreational vehicle from Florida to TN and on to
> Branson, then to forest City IA, and to St. Paul, MN. I realize that
> there is a $10 charge for going into Canada with the nationwide plan
> but it is not available in Amerias Choice. What has been your
> experience with availability in the areas that I have mentioned? TIA

There will shortly be new North America's Choice (not to be confused with
America's Choice) plans, if that is of any use to you:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361727

Jim <NOSPAM_AT_rcn.com> wrote:

> There will shortly be new North America's Choice (not to be confused with
> America's Choice) plans, if that is of any use to you:
> http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361727

Already available here. The Verizon Plus (wireless/landline/DSL) store in
Victorville touts North America's Choice for people calling Mexico, since
this is Southern California...

On Thu, 6 May 2004 10:34:17 -0400, Jim wrote:

> Monroe Ruda wrote:
>> We are considering the americas choice or the nationwide plan. Will be
>> travelling in recreational vehicle from Florida to TN and on to
>> Branson, then to forest City IA, and to St. Paul, MN. I realize that
>> there is a $10 charge for going into Canada with the nationwide plan
>> but it is not available in Amerias Choice. What has been your
>> experience with availability in the areas that I have mentioned? TIA
>
> There will shortly be new North America's Choice (not to be confused with
> America's Choice) plans, if that is of any use to you:
> http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361727

The NAC description says calls "to Canada and Mexico" are included.
What about calls FROM Canada and Mexico back to the US?

"Jim" <NOSPAM_AT_rcn.com> wrote in message
> Monroe Ruda wrote:
>> We are considering the americas choice or the nationwide plan. Will
>> be travelling in recreational vehicle from Florida to TN and on to
>> Branson, then to forest City IA, and to St. Paul, MN. I realize that
>> there is a $10 charge for going into Canada with the nationwide plan
>> but it is not available in Amerias Choice. What has been your
>> experience with availability in the areas that I have mentioned? TIA
>
> There will shortly be new North America's Choice (not to be confused
> with America's Choice) plans, if that is of any use to you:
> http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361727

Actually North Americas choice has been available for quite some time. When
I went to Alaska via Canada in my RV last year, I switched to that plan
(from AC 300), and then back to my normal plan again when I returned. Saved
all sorts of roaming fees in Canada. I've talked to other people that do
essentially the same thing (Have national singlerate so no roaming in the
lower 48), switch to north Americas choice when going north, and then back
to singlerate when they are back in the lower 48.

One thing since you travel in an RV, do you have any use for some of the
specials/promos (like free nights and weekends)? (Many RV'rs use that and a
tie to a computer ((Mobile Office/Futuredial etc)) for internet access while
traveling, you can be online every night after 9 and on weekends for free).
Many promos are NOT available on singlerate, only AC. (The free nights and
weekends, and the unlimited in-network are two options that are only
available on AC but not singlerate).

Even if you don't use a computer, I use the free weekends to call my family
and friends for free. You may want to consider if the times you would roam
for free versus get charged for it would be worth no free calls.

You mention ST Paul, I have heard that much of that area is roaming, and if
you use AC, you get charged for roaming.