Dail-up Connection - How do I stop it popping up everytime..

Every time I switch up my PC, I get the Dail-up Connection popup coming up. Is there any way to stop this from happening?
2 answers Last reply
More about dail connection stop popping everytime

    This is usually done because an application you load on startup needs to phone home / check for updates. Check what applications you have in your startup (run msconfig.exe) and check what launches at startup then set the application to not auto connect for update check's. That will usually stop this happening.

    Ashleigh

    "mortsraks" wrote:

    > Every time I switch up my PC, I get the Dail-up Connection popup coming up. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

    Hi,

    Troubleshooting this error usually means locating and removing spyware.

    Modem Automatically Attempts a Dial-Up Connection [Q316530]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316530

    Also:

    1) Install and run Adaware from www.lavasoft.de

    2) Install and run Spybot from www.safer-networking.org

    3) Install and run Spyware Blaster from

    4) Turn on the native firewall or install a third-party one (a third party
    firewall will notify you of outgoing traffic as spyware programs "phone
    home", the native one won't).

    http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
    http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?la=EN

    5) Also check these links for helpful advice on removing garbage:
    http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/parasite.htm

    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "mortsraks" <mortsraks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I switch up my PC, I get the Dail-up Connection popup coming
    up. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Connection Switch Microsoft Windows XP